ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ray

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/newssen...ts/2663418.htm This is from the Ft. Wayne news Sentinal and tom kelley

what happens if ray can't get the money? if kelley needs another sponsor why did they sign him without the money in place. another thing about the testing. i thought they were at the test but packed up and left. is money soo tight that they couldn't take advantage of the free test? it has been posted that the kelley operation lacks organization but they seem to really be in left field.

Comment

rumor late tonight out of a kelley employee is that greg's check has cleared, and he will be there for sure now. but if the sun still rises in the east tomorrow, so to could this change--it's racing, right!?!
      "There's no I in team, but there sure is in Chip"--Jimmy Vasser 1999

Comment

Whats interesting about that article to me is that Kelley basically admits that the reason Ray wasn't testing was that he was told to go work on getting his sponsorship instead.

Comment

"Some deals have been offered to us that are not sufficient in my opinion," Kelley said. "I know what is enough to run against the very best in the world, and not just show up. We want to win this year, but we also have to look at '03 and '04. Delphi committed through '05 and we want to do that for the other car."

Maybe they can point these sponsors to other teams who could use them.
          Zoooooooooooom!

Comment

WILL RACE FOR FOOD

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: indyracer56 ]

Comment

TMS is an associate sponsor for Ray? I knew that TG threw money at some teams to keep them going but, I don't think I have ever seen an independant promotor sponsoring an individual driver.

Comment

TMS is an associate sponsor for Ray? I knew that TG threw money at some teams to keep them going but, I don't think I have ever seen an independant promotor sponsoring an individual driver.

Comment

Comment

According to the articel, Kelley is quoted as saying:

"I told somebody the other day if you always knew everything that was going on, it'd be boring," owner Tom Kelley said. "It keeps everybody guessing on who's going to do what or be where and driving this or that. It makes it sort of exciting. We'll get it figured out and sorted out in the next week or so. We'll know exactly where we stand and have a lot more focus on racing."

To me, "we'll get it figured out" is not exactly fully supporting Ray.

Comment

Has been since his first year.

If you haven't ever seen a track supporting a driver you haven't been around racing long.
                      Dan Schlosser
                      Go fast, turn left !
                      www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                      Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

I hope this all works out for Greg Ray, he is one of my favorite drivers out there.

I had a chance to meet him and get his autograph at a Menards Store Grand Opening, he he seemed like a nice guy, took the time to chat for a few minutes and seemed to appreciate the fact that there are more then a few of us IRL fanatics out there!!

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: indyracer56 ]

Comment

Wasn't TMS Greg's primary sponsor at Indy in '98?
                          Center Grove Trojans
                          2008 5A Football State Champs
                          2015 6A Football State Champs
                          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                            <STRONG>Has been since his first year.

If you haven't ever seen a track supporting a driver you haven't been around racing long.</STRONG>
                            I admit that I haven't followed the IRL very closely. However, I can't remember seeing a track sponsor a driver in the top levels of racing. If they have, I haven't noticed. As you said, TMS has done it for Ray since his first year in the IRL and I just now noticed, so maybe I am not that observent.

Comment

For information on Greg's personal sponsorships go to:
                              www.gregray.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X