OT: Relay Speed Skating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Relay Speed Skating

Did anyone just see this event? I relate this to IRL on ice. Definately the most exciting event i've seen so far. We have someone in the wall and red flag. Man, I'd pay to see this on a regular basis. Warm up for an IRL racr. TOO

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: lilzuz ]

It was pretty intense.

Comment

I'd never seen the short-track relay before. It was way cool. I thought it was kind of weird to make them restart from the beginning after the "red flag". Cost the US a 1/2 lap lead too. That Apolo Anton (see the IRL connection ) Ohno is pretty awesome. It looks like he has an extra gear when he wants to stand on it.

akh

Comment

Originally posted by lilzuz:
        <STRONG>Did anyone just see this event? I relate this to IRL on ice. Definately the most exciting event i've seen so far. We have someone in the wall and red flag. Man, I'd pay to see this on a regular basis. </STRONG>
        Those guys are just hacks. The real speed skaters don't just turn left! They're out on the natural terrain road ice rinks really showing off their talent! How come they don't give out medals for that kind of real racing? What a joke!

"If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed:
          <STRONG>
          Those guys are just hacks. The real speed skaters don't just turn left! They're out on the natural terrain road ice rinks really showing off their talent! How come they don't give out medals for that kind of real racing? What a joke!

</STRONG>
          Pretty clever Rev, but you know the CART equivalent was on the program last night. The Alpine Skiing Combined event where they have to complete downhill and two slalom runs. But even CART doesn't do it all in one day!

akh

Comment

Hmm, and I thought you were going to relate CART to the pairs figuring skating competition.

The left and right turns are there but the idea of being that close to someone without punting them is a bit of a stretch.

They do go single file in the Alpine runs though so I can see the similarities.

Dan Schlosser
            Go fast, turn left !
            www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
            Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Two new sports, Girl throwing on ice, how come you can do that but can't toss a dwarf at a bar, outlaw 'em both to be PC!

If that isn't bad enough now we have race goosing!

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                <STRONG>Hmm, and I thought you were going to relate CART to the pairs figuring skating competition.</STRONG>
                In that it's reeling with controversy, the management is a sham, people like the competitors but can't stand the committees, and only competitors from certain countries are allowed to win?

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X