JohnK: RPM False Promotion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnK: RPM False Promotion

John, I don't blame you, but if it's not "Open Wheel Wednesday" please don't promote as so. One third open wheel coverage does not make Wednesday "OpenWheel". How bout O.W.W. will be official after Speedweeks? Than I'm not calling in sick to watch OWW. THANX!

Get a life...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
      <STRONG>Get a life...</STRONG>
      Hmm, considering how much time you spend on this forum, mayhaps you you own no mirrors. Good day.

Comment

"Hmm, considering how much time you spend on this forum, mayhaps you you own no mirrors. Good day. "

Got lots of 'em...I like what I see...

Comment

Sorry for the sharp response...but, Kernan's got the best show going, and he covered the majot open wheel series tonight...How can you compete with the Daytona 500...we need to lighten up on RPM2nite, in my humble opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
            <STRONG>Sorry for the sharp response...but, Kernan's got the best show going, and he covered the majot open wheel series tonight...How can you compete with the Daytona 500...we need to lighten up on RPM2nite, in my humble opinion...</STRONG>
            I agree, give John and the crew a break.
            Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel. - Homer Simpson

Comment

"Kernan's got the best show going, and he covered the majot open wheel series tonight...How can you compete with the Daytona 500..."

Seldom do I agree with dolan, however, all things considered, that was good coverage tonight.

Two things to consider:

It's Speedweek

Open Wheel Wednesday is the lowest rated RPM2night during the week.

Be glad for what you get.
              "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

As I find myself doing way too often for my comfort, I'm agreeing with Howard yet again.

Dan Schlosser
                Go fast, turn left !
                www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                  <STRONG>As I find myself doing way too often for my comfort, I'm agreeing with Howard yet again.

</STRONG>
                  Dan, you keep that up and you are gonna get fired
                  We flipped our finger to the King of England
                  Stole our country from the Indians
                  With god on our side and guns in our hands
                  We took it for our own!

Comment

Ok, I just watched a tape of RPM OWW. What's the problem. Is JK going to ignore the Simpson lawsuit story, or Daytona testing (Stacey Compton #2 in PM session). He had a spot on AUJ, mentioned TCGR and Jeff Wade, mentioned Buzz retiring, and said Shecktor was going to get the 2nd Cheever seat (I thought this was a done deal?). JK even seemed defensive at the start by explaining that this is OWW, however there are some important stories to cover. What else should he have discussed concerning the IRL? Greg Ray's release. Is that confirmed?

Give JK a break. He's doing a good job.
                    "We have all become much more sensitive now.But remember,pity is such a recent invention." Fernand Meyssonnier, France's last surviving executioner.

Comment

Me, Howard and Railbird all agreeing the same thing? Somebody better call the cops! During the week leading up to the Daytona 500, I would expect that any racing show would be heavy into that and frankly, that is what I am most interested in this week. How about that Tony Stewart? That's a good IRL story in my book.
                      Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

Question for John K;

If OWW ratings are as bad as you say they are why even have one?
                        Why not just sprinkle in open wheel news throughout the week(I know you do now but why not just slightly increase the amount of OW coverage each day and drop the emphasis on wed)?
                        It seems to me that you are only giving the Nascar only crowd a reason to stay away on Wed which could explain you lack of ratings on wed.

[ February 13, 2002: Message edited by: ovals rule ]
                        If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

I did say how bout OWW be "official after speedweeks". Don't promote OWW if it's not OWW. That's reasonable. Good evening.

Comment

Get a mlife -

BTW: what howard, gofast, step, bird et all said.

The only think wrong with rpm2nite is it starts 30 mins before I get home.
                            I'm talking high banks man. Texas - 24 degrees. - Kenny Brack

Comment

Good lord.I agree with Howard.ARRRRRRGH!
                              Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X