Whats Going on With Dreyer & Reinbold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Going on With Dreyer & Reinbold

Curious that Dryer and Reinbold have been very mum about their plans for 06. Akways underfunded... is this a sign of the times that small teams are going by the wayside in the IRL... too sad

I am positive that DRR are aggressivlely pursuing sponsorship for the '06 IRL season. I agree that the present state of affairs in the IRL is a travesty.......and most disappointing to say the least
    In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

it would be great if they could get a sponsor like purex

Comment

Not really on topic with this thread but I didn't want to start a new one since this info has probably been hashed over. I was just surprised by this old tidbit from The Star about current costs compared to past years and also I hadn't noticed threads about the possible street race.

Around the IRL Despite speculation to the contrary, the IRL will return to Japan to race in 2007, according to league president Brian Barnhart, who added the IndyCar Series will have more than 15 races that year. There are only 14 races in 2006, the fewest since 2001. A street race in San Antonio is considered the frontrunner for a new IRL event.

Not everyone is convinced engine prices for the Indianapolis 500 are low enough. PDM Racing owner Paul Diatlovich said his engine bill for the 2003 race was $32,000, and he owned all three of his engines. This year's cost to lease a Honda is $250,000 for the full month; $115,000 after the first weekend of qualifying. Beck Motorsports owner Greg Beck fears his IRL days are over. "I am tapped out (financially)," he said.
        The engines lease price doesn't seem TOO out of line to me. But I hope shoestring teams can find a way to make it to Indy this year. It's always more interesting to me when there are several low buck teams battling to make the race.

I always have rooted strongly for D&R. I hope they make it. I always thought they ran a good team. I would like them to find a way to again become regulars.
        Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

There are great people at DRR. Robbie Buhl has been a die-hard supporter of Tony George and the IRL. I'll be less interest in the IRL this year without DRR. I'd love to see them grab Vitor and hit the track.
          Humor! www.pressdog.com

Comment

Originally posted by drrfan
            Curious that Dryer and Reinbold have been very mum about their plans for 06. Akways underfunded... is this a sign of the times that small teams are going by the wayside in the IRL... too sad

Eric ? Is that you ?
            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by homeslice
              There are great people at DRR. Robbie Buhl has been a die-hard supporter of Tony George and the IRL. I'll be less interest in the IRL this year without DRR. I'd love to see them grab Vitor and hit the track.
              Well said. Robbie Buhl is a class act and one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet in the racing business. Let's hope that D&R can put together a program for '06.

Comment

I remember reading a few weeks ago that D&R was close to a one car deal with two still a possibility. I wish I could remember where to link.

Originally posted by bdg25
                Well said. Robbie Buhl is a class act and one of the nicest people you'd ever want to meet in the racing business. Let's hope that D&R can put together a program for '06.

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                  Eric ? Is that you ?
                  Nope just of friend of D&R who would like to see them succeed!

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
                    Eric ? Is that you ?
                    Nah, not nearly enough typos...
                    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Whatever happened to the deal with Thiago Madeiros?

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed

SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by homeslice
                          My sentiments exactly....sure, I'll still excited about the Indy 500 but teams like Dreyer and Reinbold, Panther and Cheever are not competing, I will be sorely disappointed.....angry is probably a better word for how I will be feeling.
                          In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed
                            And no haiku.
                            "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎