Non fans perception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non fans perception

In the thread that was closed because it was turning into a bash another series thread, someone mentioned that some media outlets listed nascar instead of racing. To me that's not a bad thing at all. Used to be when I told someone I was going to the races, they would say "horse races?" And up until a few short years ago, we didn't even have any horse races around here. But that was still what I heard over and over. Now a lot of the time I hear "nascar?" And I also hear opportunity knocking at the same time. I can then talk to them about racing, starting with nascar and then I always get a chance to tout Indy car racing and/or short track racing.
    Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Hi Lucky,
    I'm the "someone."
    I like the glass half-full approach you're taking, and try to do it myself. Still, it doesn't absolve the media outlets who list all auto racing under "NASCAR." Using your horse race analogy, it's like making fans of harness racing click a link that says "Kentucky Derby" first. You can't tell me that wouldn't annoy a lot of harness fans who know there's more to the sport than the Derby, great as it is!
    Note to those concerned: see, I made my point without mentioning "true" racing fans. Can we all get along now?

[ January 21, 2002: Message edited by: skypigeon ]
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Comment

I see your point as well and don't disagree with it.
      Some people will do nearly anything in order to be able to not do anything.

Comment

OK.
        "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
        --Danny Noonan

Comment

Yes, but I have 300 beautiful handbuilt 1/43 scale models and it does get really tiresome when someone new sees them and says "Don't you have any REAL racecars, buddy? you
          know, like Nascar?"
          I'm dead now.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X