Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A return to those thrilling days of yesteryear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A return to those thrilling days of yesteryear?

With all of the teams running basically the same engine in 2006, could we see a return to the more evenly matched fields of 1998 to 2002, and the ensuing packs of close racing?

I for one, sure hope so.

Back when everyone had the Olds, and later the Chevy, I think that we had some of the best racing ever.

Since 2003 it has been much more a case of the haves vs. the have-nots, and we have seen 2 or 3 car breakaways, with the rest of the pack separated by whatever engine they were running.

I am hoping that 2006 might be one of the best years yet for IndyCar Racing.

Talent has a way of spreading out the field too
    There's really no such thing as Gary the Moose, Sybil.

Comment

Let's just hope everyone does, in fact, get the same engine.
      In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

I'm still dubious about the level playing field, particularly in regard to software and calibrations.....we'll just have to see.
        I just hope these things don't turn into fuel economy derby time.
        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

Originally posted by jdessar
          With all of the teams running basically the same engine in 2006, could we see a return to the more evenly matched fields of 1998 to 2002, and the ensuing packs of close racing?

I for one, sure hope so.

Back when everyone had the Olds, and later the Chevy, I think that we had some of the best racing ever.

Since 2003 it has been much more a case of the haves vs. the have-nots, and we have seen 2 or 3 car breakaways, with the rest of the pack separated by whatever engine they were running.

I am hoping that 2006 might be one of the best years yet for IndyCar Racing.

Exactly what I am thinking and hoping!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by doitagain
            Talent has a way of spreading out the field too
            We have certainly seen that aspect also. With "equal" equipment it just takes longer to sort them all out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎