No announcement yet.

Biggest what if of the day ,Yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest what if of the day ,Yesterday.

If Baron hadnt over cooked it on that restart?
    aXe
    Born Again Race Fan seen at
    www.openwheelracers3.com

According to the lap times, I think he was the quickest car all day, and seemed to be the only one to be able to make moves anywhere on the track.

I say he wins.

"Barron goes for the lead".....zzzzzzz time for a commercial.

Comment

Penske said that they were in fuel conservation when Baron was pulling away from them, but Alex still hung onto them to the end. As difficult as passing was yesterday, he might have held on even if the Penskes were running flat out and full rich.

I was pretty disappointed for them, but they still got third, which is better than alex sticking it the fence trying too hard to win.
      I'll bet cheever wishes he could have gotten Baron at the beginning of the year rather than the other guy.

Besides the one mistake, Baron looked really good and gave the panzers a real fright. I expect that team will be strong throughtout the last two races. Blair had better have an ironclad contract on this guy.
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

If Castroneves hadn't moved over when Gil jammed him as they approached a much slower car. It was a ballsy move, and it made deFerran a winner.

I don't know if his comments on the PA were broadcast on TV, but he made it clear he thought the race was a tough one.

Nice job, Gil.

Comment

I heard Roger say that, too, Doc. Right away it put some doubt in my mind...but, would have loved to seen the shoot-out. And I, too, think he might have found the 'fat adjustment' to make the car a leeetle wider, if needed.

I'm really high on the Barron/Blair/Gloy efforts. Glad for all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr:
            <STRONG>If Castroneves hadn't moved over when Gil jammed him as they approached a much slower car. It was a ballsy move, and it made deFerran a winner.

I don't know if his comments on the PA were broadcast on TV, but he made it clear he thought the race was a tough one.

Nice job, Gil.</STRONG>
            Helio had a hard time all day passing lap cars like Dare and a few others. Whenever that happen Gil gained a lot on Helio each time.

Comment

what if . ..

Scott Sharp had not stayed on track after the engine quit (fuel?) at the end of the front stretch to purposely cause a yellow to be towed in, thus hurting all the cars that had just pitted under the green.

I mean I understand it if theres ANY chance you might coast in but even I WALK faster than he was rolling as he went by the fire station on the back stretch with Race Control shouting for him to pull in to avoid a yellow.

Comment

Originally posted by 220mph:
                <STRONG>what if . ..

Scott Sharp had not stayed on track after the engine quit (fuel?) at the end of the front stretch to purposely cause a yellow to be towed in, thus hurting all the cars that had just pitted under the green.

I mean I understand it if theres ANY chance you might coast in but even I WALK faster than he was rolling as he went by the fire station on the back stretch with Race Control shouting for him to pull in to avoid a yellow.</STRONG>
                If Sharp was unable to continue and his intent was to cause a yellow, then he or the Kelly team should be penalized. Penske has enough going for him, he doesn't need to get additional help from teams that use Ilmors.

Comment

Looked like Sharp's gearbox let go coming out of turn three or four and was fiddling with it down the front straight. Tom Kelley had him pull off on the warm up lane in turn one immediately after he cleared the end of the pit wall. But, by having no forward power since turn four, he did not have enough momentum to make it all the way around the track. The track is not wide enough to have car in that situation and safely keep the race under the green flag conditions. at least that is how I inturpret it from what I saw on TV. ( keep in mind this is the uneducated opinion of an armchair mechanic)
                  Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

I knew at the beginning of the year, this was a nice little team.

I was dissapointed at the efforts at the beginning of the year, but have been QUITE impressed ever since INDY.

Since INDY they have been right there with Penske Panther and Mo Nunn.

Im quite impressed and estatic to have Barron and Blair Racing in the IRL.

Hopefully Ray O Vac sticks and stays.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreyerfan:
                      <STRONG>.... Hopefully Ray O Vac sticks and stays.</STRONG>
                      I don't what more they could want: Trashed Energizer in its own back yard.

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: Dinosaurs & Methanol ]
                      Never try to teach a Pig to sing: it wastes your time and annoys the Pig ...
                      Peace: JR

Comment

They are, in fact, a perfect IRL team. Alex would make a nice little marketing poster for the league.

(That's a hint).

Comment

What's marketing? Isn't Blair a CART team?

Actually, I have gained alot of respect for this team. The IRL could learn alot from them, have you seen their website?
                          http://www.blairracing.com/

Comment

What if the dog hadn't stopped to, well you get the drift

What if Vitor didn't have to check up on Sam and Felipe?

What if, oh enough of this silliness
                            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

What if Long's sold tenderloins, and Mug 'n Bun sold Long's donuts! Think of all the miles we could save.

BTW I gain two pounds every time I just drive by Long's!
                              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X