Did you see Davey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you see Davey?

I walked up the the Harrah's transporter on Sunday morning and there sat Davey Hamilton in a golf cart. He looked great, we chatted a bit and he walked away to talk to someone else.

I am very happy to report this was done without any aids. He had excellent movement with hardly any indication he had difficulty walking. Thanks to God, Dr. Schied, and the folks at Methodist Hospital, a miracle has taken place.

Great news, but I hope he gets a ride or a test or something real soon. Davey held the IRL ironman record before his accident and hopefully he can set another one.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Saw him too. Arie Sr and him talked for awhile when he was over there. Davey also went with both AJ's to the grid for the race.

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: jrandrew00 ]

Comment

GREAT NEWS for my son's favorite driver! Now lets get him in something and see how he feels.

With the cars going out at the end of this season, I bet he'd like to be trying something out in Chicago or maybe Texas?
        Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
        It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

GREAT NEWS! Way to go Davey! My son's favorite also!
          Please visit the tributes to my favorites:

Swede Savage / Art Pollard / Mel Kenyon /
          Joe Leonard / Peter Revson

Indy Kids

Comment

Shame on you guys for continuing to beef about CART, attendance, TV shows, and places where the screechs of the damned are heard wailing in the night.

Here is something that should be big news, and it gets ignored. If Davey doesn't get back in a race car, that's OK. He at least has the ability to get around, and that's way more than we could have hoped for on that night in June last year.

Always celebrate the good tidings that life provides. Bad news is easy to find.

Comment

I was hoping to see Davey, and missed him. **** glad he's back at the track though.
              We flipped our finger to the King of England
              Stole our country from the Indians
              With god on our side and guns in our hands
              We took it for our own!

Comment

A couple weeks ago, I visited the Madera Speedway website. The website mentioned that Davey Hamilton will return to racing later this year in a supermodified at that track. Will be great to see him in a car again.

Comment

Originally posted by rrrr:
                  <STRONG>Shame on you guys for continuing to beef about CART, attendance, TV shows, and places where the screechs of the damned are heard wailing in the night.

Here is something that should be big news, and it gets ignored. If Davey doesn't get back in a race car, that's OK. He at least has the ability to get around, and that's way more than we could have hoped for on that night in June last year.

Always celebrate the good tidings that life provides. Bad news is easy to find.</STRONG>
                  VERY WELL STATED!!!
                  Have a very blessed day!

Comment

This is the best news I heard in a while.

Comment

I doubt if Davey does more than test with the Super this year as both of his drivers (Lonnie Adamson and Jim Birges) are in the hunt for the SRL Points Championship. However, he has let it be known that he will most likely run a sprint car at the expanded Turkey Night Grand Prix at Irwindale
                      A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald Laurie:
                        <STRONG>I doubt if Davey does more than test with the Super this year as both of his drivers (Lonnie Adamson and Jim Birges) are in the hunt for the SRL Points Championship. However, he has let it be known that he will most likely run a sprint car at the expanded Turkey Night Grand Prix at Irwindale</STRONG>
                        very
                        SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                        " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by
                          Gerald Laurie:
                          <STRONG>
                          I doubt if Davey does more than test with the Super this year as both of his drivers (Lonnie Adamson and Jim Birges) are in the hunt for the SRL Points Championship. However, he has let it be known that he will most likely run a sprint car at the expanded Turkey Night Grand Prix at Irwindale</STRONG>
                          Aloha Gerald,,, and Many RRRRrrr's,,,,

Such good news,,, he's a brave young man...

Gearld,,, I have a question,,, Turkey Night will be more than just the Midget race ????

Do you have a web-site address for more info... I will try a search on the speedway...

Aloha,,,and Malhalo....
                          Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Turkey Night will be both USAC Midgets and Sprints this year. Check our Irwindale Raceway or USAC websites. www.irwindalespeedway.com www.usacracing.com
                            A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

Comment

Glad to hear he's doing well.Davey in a super is........SUPER!I hope he makes it all the way back.
                              Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X