Schetcker is obviously the right decision:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schetcker is obviously the right decision:

When the folks that don't like the IRL voice their disapproval.

I started another thread because the attitude of some on this subject is an issue in it's own right. Tomas showed up without a job, auditioned and got the gig. Dolan and Outkast....? What's the problem.
    Get your head out of your past!!!

I would prefer an American driver get the ride but more than that I want the best drivers available regardless of nationality.

Comment

Its great to see an American get a ride but this guy will be a GREAT addition to the IRL.
      (jmo) I can not wait for the season to begin. Just imagine, Hornish battling Schetcker with the Laziers, Beechler, Sharp, Cheever and Boat giving chase! On a side note, as I watch Rpm2nite, would someone please tell Little E to turn his hat around. He looks like a punk.
      There go my people. I must find out where they are going so I can lead them there.

Comment

I agree that the best drivers should get the job. And when you use RE formula cars, the best drivers will come from a RE formula car background (who are overwhelmingly roadracers, since that's what the majority of formula cars are used for).

The issue is that the IMS is sitting smack-dab in the middle of sprint car country and has essentially no relevance to the racing around it. When driving sprint cars the key skill is in mechanical setup such as springs and shocks... with winged formula cars the key is aero setup. This is why the sprint/midget guys do so well in Nascar, while the formula guys will be the dominant ones in the IRL.

That was whole point of the roadster posts.. that the IRL should use an FE non-winged fixed aero car which capitalizes on the setup skills that the sprint drivers already have.

(Donohue is spelled DonOhue .. with 2 O's)
        motorcaster.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X