Memo To Brian Barnhart and Honda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memo To Brian Barnhart and Honda

18 to 19 cars ain't gonna cut it. We need 24. No less than 24. And we need assurance well before the 2006 season starts. You two need to do whatever you can to make that happen. If Toyota wants to stay, they need to get with the program as well. And while you're at it, you need to ensure the cost structure will make 24 feasible.

Thanks. A fan of Indy Car racing since 1959.

Amen brotha!
    “I think some drivers must still think it’s Dan. They keep flipping me off.” - Dario Franchitti

Comment

While we're at it, I want a tree in my back yard that bears $100 bills. In fact, make that 2 trees.
      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

All they need is 22

Then they can start 11 rows of 2 each, instead of 3 each. Only the sober fans at the 500 will notice...
        If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away.

Comment

Agreed 'fender.

Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Honda, do what's right, and if Toyota is really out now, stop engine power development, back off the power by 30-40 hp, add reliability and stretch the rebuild schedule to two or three races. That'll lower the lease cost for the teams...and make sure all engines are equal. On second thought, the league should do a blind draw for engines to ensure no favoritism, since they'll be all Hondas.
            Third Gen Indy Fan

Comment

Why don't we take up a Track Forum collection to fund those extra six cars? I'm in for $5.
              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Defender
                18 to 19 cars ain't gonna cut it. We need 24. No less than 24. And we need assurance well before the 2006 season starts. You two need to do whatever you can to make that happen. If Toyota wants to stay, they need to get with the program as well. And while you're at it, you need to ensure the cost structure will make 24 feasible.

Hmmmm, maybe had the IRL not put the kabash on identical equipment for both series?

Comment

Why does this phrase always come to mind in these what if threads?

"Competitive, inexpensive racing for deserving young American oval track drivers"

I realize it was all mirrors, smoke screens and BS but we just get further and further from it as time goes on.

Comment

Like Honda wanted to supply the whole series, that's exactly the opposite of what they wanted, but you can thank Chevy and Toyota for jumping ship if you want to.

I think the only reason why Honda is willing to stay in the IRL is that they spent too much money and effort expanding HPD. They are hoping to hold out a year or two and hopefully another engine builder will come in.

Or maybe they are waiting for Toyota to "break-in" the NASCAR crowd before they make their jump into the Nextel Cup?
                    Life is short, respect all forms of motorsports!

Comment

A friendly reminder to stay on topic here. This ain't Splitzville. I don't want this forum to smell like that.

That is all.
                      "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Comment

I hope there are more than 24 at Indy but we will get what Honda decides to provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-OTN
                            I hope there are more than 24 at Indy but we will get what Honda decides to provide.

...all the more reason to drop the manufacturer badging of motors.

Take away the high-dollar high-tech R & D by the manufacturers (well I guess now it's 'singular') and let builders like Comptech, Speedway, Roush, Ed Pink etc. back into the ball-game with affordable, reliable race-ready motors.

I bet it might be suprising too at the new teams that might become of this thus ending the now yearly speculation on whether we'll get 33 cars at Indy.
                            ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

Those 9 car practice sessions next year ought to be non-stop exitement.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X