Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavin says Wheldon is the hold-up

Interesting:
    Question: Haven't heard anything lately on some of these drivers' plans for 2006. Where's Scheckter going to end up? Is Meira leaving Rahal? Do we know what Panther's plans are?

Answer: At least for now, Dan Wheldon's decision is holding everything up. That, and the fact that the season doesn't begin until late March. Plus, there are major sponsorship losses at Panther and Cheever.

As for Meira, yes, he's leaving Rahal. I suspect he'll land at Andretti Green or Ganassi, depending on what Wheldon does. As for Panther, team officials have told me they're working on a variety of things that include Scheckter, Enge and Meira. It all depends on money.

Interesting, it seems that everybody loves Vitor. From the looks of things, he's getting the seat Wheldon turns down (or ends up at Panther).
    It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

If he lands at AGR we could well see another Brazilian winner at the '500' and in Indy cars.
      Then again with Honda on their side I have a feeling that Penske will give AGR a real run for their money in 2006.
      "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone is life" Sid Collins

Comment

Does Meira still bring Menard's backing with him?

Sponsorship tends to make you popular.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob
          Does Meira still bring Menard's backing with him?

Sponsorship tends to make you popular.
          Yes, Menard's is still backing Vitor. I hope he lands at Panther with Schecter, but I know he would probably do better if he was with AGR. I just can't bring myself to like that team. They are premadonna’s. Vitor would not fit in with those big egos, or maybe he would because he doesn't have one.

Comment

Vitor is perhaps the best driver to not win a race yet, but I wonder how the heck a Brazilian ended up with a long term sponsorship from an American home improvement company!?

Please don't take this the wrong way, because there isn't a lot to dislike about Vitor, but I'd like to know what the connection is between John Menard and him? I mean, ok he's obviously a talented driver, but why did Mendards elect to back a foreigner over an American shoe?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay J
              Vitor is perhaps the best driver to not win a race yet, but I wonder how the heck a Brazilian ended up with a long term sponsorship from an American home improvement company!?

Please don't take this the wrong way, because there isn't a lot to dislike about Vitor, but I'd like to know what the connection is between John Menard and him? I mean, ok he's obviously a talented driver, but why did Mendards elect to back a foreigner over an American shoe?
              I don't have any inside scoop, but Vitor ran for JM a few years back. Replaced J. Lazier after TS ended his season in Pa. Vitor was fast, and always in contention. So maybe thats the connection.

Comment

I also remember watching Vitor Meira during practice at Indy with headphones on watching the monitors during practice sessions when he had no guarantee of a ride. I vaguely remember someone saying that he was at every team related event and meeting and that impressed John. I do not have a link, I just remember reading that then having it visible confirmed when I saw him in the Menard's pits.

Comment

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=j>Right on. The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on; nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a line. And now the finger points right at you, Mr. Wheldon. Hurry up and make up your mind already, as you are spoiling all our silly season fun.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                  Last edited by Richie Racer; 11-21-2005, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay J
                    Interesting question.
                    The answer is, simply, that Vitor's personal manager is John Menard's right-hand man.
                    "Race at Indy? Or not race at Indy? It's not that complicated"
                    -Eddie Cheever

Comment

Someone pry him out of a race car long enough for him to make a decision on a contract!
                      "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Originally posted by Refutation
                        Someone pry him out of a race car long enough for him to make a decision on a contract!
                        I imagine his mind works just fine where ever he is and perhaps he is using these outside activities to relax and sort it all out. To us his activities are for amusement but for him the decisions determine his career from now on.

I wish him luck where ever he chooses to go. He is a very capable young man and will excel in any decent ride.
                        Last edited by Benson477; 11-22-2005, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Too bad Panther can't run their best driver from last year (and no I am not talking about the Tomas's).

Cavin's last line tells the story.
                          IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks
                            Too bad Panther can't run their best driver from last year (and no I am not talking about the Tomas's).

Cavin's last line tells the story.
                            I was just gonna post the same thing. Does a person become brain dead once they become an IRL team owner?

Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw
                              Does a person become brain dead once they become an IRL team owner?

Outlaw

No but it takes money to have a team. Most team owners wouldn't last very long running on their own nickel...................
                              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X