• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to Tony Stewart...

...now come on home.

jp
    "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Congrats Tony and a couple of way to go's for winner Greg Biffel and my favorite, Carl Edwards!!
    Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

"I think of Indianapolis every day of the year, every hour of the day, and when I sleep, too. Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I love it all, from the first to the last day in May. The moment that race starts is always the greatest moment of my life, and the day I win that race, it will be as if my life has ended. There is nothing more I could want out of life."
      - Eddie Sachs."

Comment

Originally posted by jp
        ...now come on home.

jp
        "the win at the Brickyard was the win of a lifetime for me"
        Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

"Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
          ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by jp
            ...now come on home.

jp
            Why should he come back to where everything's doomed?
            "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
            --Danny Noonan

Comment

Congratulations Tony!

Comment

Great job by Mr. Stewart and that entire crew.

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation
                  "the win at the Brickyard was the win of a lifetime for me"

Just wait until he drinks the milk!
                  ...---...

Comment

Big Congrats to Smoke!
                    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jp
                      ...now come on home.jp
                      I believe Tony is home. He was a plus here in the IRL for a short time and the one off at Indy with the CART team was a real gasser too. However, he looks very contented and is quite successful in the big ole heavy tin top. The rather large check put quite a smile on his face this evening also.

Comment

Congrats to a true all-around racer - now get that Daytona 500 win!!!!
                        "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Way to go, Tony! I admire Tony so much for the way he has turned his life around..

Can't wait till he is either driving or owns a team that is running in the IRL
                          In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

In all seriousness, Barb, I can see the day coming where he might actually do that. Why not? He's got boatloads o' money and absolutely nothing to prove in NASCAR, unless he wants to go for Petty/Earnhardt status; and even if he does pull off another five championships I just don't think NASCAR Nation is ready to put him on that high of a pedestal.

So, hey--once his contract is up with Gibbs, why not start his own team and race whereever he wants in whatever he wants? With all respect to the accomplishments of the gentlemen about to be mentioned, why settle for being another Petty or Earnhardt when you can be another Andretti or Foyt?

Nomex on...
                            "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                            --Danny Noonan

Comment

Absolutely , skypigeon......I really believe this will happen.....and this is one plan that will not be doomed! ....hahahaha!
                              In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X