Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Out one year early?

Did anyone else see this on Speed?

varsha said something about Toyota leaving, making it a one engine series sooner than '07.

who was going to be left using Toyota in '06, anyway? seemed like everyone was leaving.

This is not what Honda wanted but they are willing to step up to the plate thankfully. I look forward to a more even playing field this year. I've never subscribed to the A/B team conspiracy theory and it will be fun to see teams with equal ponies go at it.

It ain't the way I would have designed it but for the next year or two it will create some stability. Thanks Honda.

Comment

Was Toyota in the series this year?
      Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Only with the Penske Boys
        "Below him, outside of him, over top of him Im not lifting from here on out"

Comment

subsidies

It will be iteresting to see if the subsidies will be paid by contract next year or not. That will either level the playing field or not, so don't expect everyone to be up front.
          May is now in session...

Can I get 500 posts by raceday?

Comment

I wish Toyota luck in NASCAR. The competition will be tough there too. I'm glad they were in the IRL for a few years and were able to get 500 victory, but Honda sure thumped them hard.

Comment

...honestly I say good riddance. I'm not a huge fan of foreign manufacturer's anyway, especially one's that can't even honor their agreement.

Never was a Toyota fan, didn't care to see them come to the IRL, don't appreciate what they & Honda have 'added' to the series, glad they got their butts stomped and say don't let the door hit them in the @$$ on the way out.
              ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I hope they honor their commitment and are still in for '07. Even if they field some new and untested team (s).

Having an all Honda grid is OK in '07 as long as it is just for that year. Really would like to continue to see and American manufacturer in it in some way.

TommyD -- Honda Odyssey Owner
                Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
                It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

Gordon Kirby will be by later with a healthy serving of crow on his buffet line.

It's free but an "I'm sorry, you were right" apology is certainly acceptable.
                  Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Originally posted by indyracefan
                    ...honestly I say good riddance. I'm not a huge fan of foreign manufacturer's anyway, especially one's that can't even honor their agreement.

Never was a Toyota fan, didn't care to see them come to the IRL, don't appreciate what they & Honda have 'added' to the series, glad they got their butts stomped and say don't let the door hit them in the @$$ on the way out.
                    I understand you picking on Toyota, because they are the ones that started it all. They made CART choose their engine format, pissing off Ford and Honda in the process then took their ball and left to the IRL. Now they are leaving a year early!!!

But it wasn't Toyota and Honda that really caused the current situation in the IRL; it's the IRL management itself.

Chevy hasn't spent a dime marketing the IRL in the last couple of years and decided to quit, and now Honda, who has been supporting the IRL in both team and marketing dollars has now decided to step up and support the whole field.

Everyone wants a domestic manufacturer in the IRL, but none want to join. Why? Because they see no value in a series with little interest with the American public, well except the Indy 500.
                    Life is short, respect all forms of motorsports!

Comment

Chevy hasn't spent a dime marketing the IRL in the last couple of years
                      That is simply not true.

Comment

Originally posted by gerger

But it wasn't Toyota and Honda that really caused the current situation in the IRL; it's the IRL management itself.

Comment

i guess that explains the rumors of cheever packing in his irl team for the amls cars

Comment

Originally posted by TKG
                            i guess that explains the rumors of cheever packing in his irl team for the amls cars
                            He will undoubtably be more happy and successful there. Hopefully the pressures and problems of competing in OW will not follow him.

We can only wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                              That is simply not true.
                              Please point to some of their involvement. I mean aside from supplying pacecars.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X