Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danica & Gretchen, IRL Marketing should jump on this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danica & Gretchen, IRL Marketing should jump on this.

Last night I went the Muzik Mafia Tour (Gretchen Wilson, Big & Rich, Cowboy Troy, and others), let me just say it was an awesome show.

One of things that kept popping into my head was the similarities between our own Danica and Gretchen Wilson (Newly named CMA Female Vocalist of the Year), not only physically but in attitude and the way they come across to an audience. NASCAR has helped itself a lot with ties to country music because the fan demographics are the same, well this group of artist are a little more "new" country and probably appeal to a little different group so you wouldn't be battling the NASCAR machine head on, yet you are still looking at people who are likely to help grow the IRL. Music videos, concert footage, all sort of tie ins could be done.

Seperated at birth ?

Last edited by CrewChief; 11-18-2005, 08:38 AM.

Is it May yet ?

I bought the new Big & Rich CD when it came out on Tuesday. The bonus track on there is an incredible rendition of The Muzik Mafia singing the national anthem while intertwining lines from the Constitution Preamble, the Declaration, the Pledge of Alligience, and the "I Have a Dream" speech. If the IRL wants to get align with country music, they should have the Mafia do the national anthem at the 500 next year. On the surface, you wouldn't think that B&R would do well with it but to hear them and Gretchen Wilson sing it is truly a fantastic vocal!
    --Paul Dalbey
    (the poster formerly known as 'pdalbey')

Different men, from vastly different backgrounds, focused on the same goal – a white line painted on a yard of brick 500 miles ahead.

http://Fieldof33.com

Comment

Well, they ARE both from Illinois.
      "It is a besetting vice of democracies to substitute public opinion for law. This is the usual form in which masses of men exhibit their tyranny." - James Fenimore Cooper

"One man with courage is a majority." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The big difference is that Gretchen Wilson has actually won something.......

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
        http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

Originally posted by mac miller

Go Fly a Kite
          "I think of Indianapolis every day of the year, every hour of the day, and when I sleep, too. Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I love it all, from the first to the last day in May. The moment that race starts is always the greatest moment of my life, and the day I win that race, it will be as if my life has ended. There is nothing more I could want out of life."
          - Eddie Sachs."

Comment

Originally posted by mac miller
            I laughed out loud, sure, but then I tought, "that's cold, man."

Is that a recent photo of Danica above? She's cut her hair or something. It's a good look for her.
            Humor! www.pressdog.com

Comment

"'anything' but country"
              said Ms danica, when recently asked about her musical preferences (with the emphasis on 'anything'
              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Death before country music... is my motto.
                ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Chiszar
                  Death before country music... is my motto.
                  Carefull
                  Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I'd say that Gretchen has it quite a bit more, in a couple of areas, over Danica. And if Danica has no likings for country music, she went way down on my list. I'm a big country music fan.

Comment

Gretchen singing National Anthem.
                      Gretchen's favorite car.
                      Gretchen's favorite driver.

Big&Rich's favorite car.

Muzik Mafia's favorite car
                      Preserving America's oval track tradition:
                      1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by CrewChief
                        One of things that kept popping into my head was the similarities between our own Danica and Gretchen Wilson (Newly named CMA Female Vocalist of the Year), not only physically but in attitude and the way they come across to an audience.
                        I've never thought "biggest phony I've ever seen" when watching a Gretchen Wilson interview.
                        Preserving America's oval track tradition:
                        1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Is there just a fly on my monitor....

or is she Ms Goodwench!?!?!?!

Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
                          It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by cmjc80
                            I've never thought "biggest phony I've ever seen" when watching a Gretchen Wilson interview.
                            And you never thought "biggest phony I've ever seen" when Danica stood 400,000 of them up at Indy either, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Benson477
                              And you never thought "biggest phony I've ever seen" when Danica stood 400,000 of them up at Indy either, did you?
                              Some people choose not to comprehend that. :shrug:
                              "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                              the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                              -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X