Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just back from Schmidt Auction

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just back from Schmidt Auction

    Some facts:

    -Mostly old Access/Greg Ray equipment. GR still owes Honda and others-auction should help with that.
    -Ganassi--Weldon in, 2 cars, will be strong.
    -Panther-if season started tomorrow-on the sidelines completely-looking for major sponsor-no luck so far.
    -Cheever--of to Grand Am

    Pro Series---silly for IRL teams to enter cars when one really looks at the way the IRL mickey moused the additional testing days.

  • #2
    Thanks for the info.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by indyrace1
      Some facts:

      -Mostly old Access/Greg Ray equipment. GR still owes Honda and others-auction should help with that.
      -Ganassi--Weldon in, 2 cars, will be strong.
      -Panther-if season started tomorrow-on the sidelines completely-looking for major sponsor-no luck so far.
      -Cheever--of to Grand Am

      Pro Series---silly for IRL teams to enter cars when one really looks at the way the IRL mickey moused the additional testing days.
      So is what your saying is "YOUR" Indy car team is not going to field cars in the Pro Series next year................

      Comment


      • #4
        If that news is true the IRL is already -5 cars just from this year. What about AGR, Fernandez, Foyt, Rahal.

        Just in those teams the rumours are RLR -1.
        AGR -1.
        Fernandez -1, very possibly 2 with the Delphi sponsorship pending the whole bankruptcy mess.
        Foyt -1?

        A total of -9 cars from this year and possibly 10?
        Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

        Comment


        • #5
          keep dreaming Indyknut..

          -AGR will fill Wheldon's seat
          -Fernandez stated that Kosuke will be back and Delphi is signed for 2006.. Remember Conseco was in bankrupcy and still had a car in 2003-2004
          - Foyt has 3 more years left with ABC as sponsor
          "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

          Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

          "Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

          As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

          SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Indyknut
            If that news is true the IRL is already -5 cars just from this year. What about AGR, Fernandez, Foyt, Rahal.

            Just in those teams the rumours are RLR -1.
            AGR -1.
            Fernandez -1, very possibly 2 with the Delphi sponsorship pending the whole bankruptcy mess.
            Foyt -1?

            A total of -9 cars from this year and possibly 10?

            I think we should cancel the season right now to reduce the embarrassment.
            “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

            Comment


            • #7
              A little easy to jump off the pier at this point of Silly Season.

              Facts tend to change with regularity.
              "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

              Comment


              • #8
                I think we should cancel the season right now to reduce the embarrassment.
                Doom...da...doom...doom..................DOOMED
                "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster" - Friedrich Nietzsche

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Chris Paff
                  keep dreaming Indyknut..

                  -AGR will fill Wheldon's seat
                  -Fernandez stated that Kosuke will be back and Delphi is signed for 2006.. Remember Conseco was in bankrupcy and still had a car in 2003-2004
                  - Foyt has 3 more years left with ABC as sponsor
                  The quaility teams will be back in force.

                  I do wonder if ABC has 3 years left with the Foyt fiasco though?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Benson477
                    The quaility teams will be back in force...
                    Yep, both of them.
                    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Spike
                      Yep, both of them.
                      I believe it is in line to have faith in the business acumen of most of the team owners to continue with their racing programs. Some may drop a car but I expect to see a fair representation on the track come Spring.

                      What we see with the IRL and other forms of racing is the reality of doing business in today's world. We will see the scrub teams dwindle away and the quality teams prevail. While car counts will in all probability be down even with the likelyhood of some abortive one offs the probability of access to more equal motive power may yet provide us with some very competitive racing in 2006.

                      The IRL will do fair to good but I wonder how the field at Indy will shake out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by indyrace1
                        Some facts:

                        -Mostly old Access/Greg Ray equipment. GR still owes Honda and others-auction should help with that.
                        What has happened to Schmidt's equipment? Anything left that will run?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What does this mean for Toyota's involvement in 2006?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Benson477
                            The quaility teams will be back in force.

                            I do wonder if ABC has 3 years left with the Foyt fiasco though?
                            ABC is a three year deal........which would leave them with 2 years remaining........
                            the man in expensive shoes

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              IRLRACER you obviously have me confused with someone else...don't own a team or have any part of one...just studying the facts and trying to make sense of them.

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X