Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Newman/Haas at Indy in '06

SpeedTV link

too bad- those were cool looking cars and it was nice to see some top CCWS guys give the 500 a shot
    "Charging a man with murder here was like handing out speeding tickets at the Indy 500."- Capt. Willard, Apocolypse Now
    "Ain't nuthin' like [being with a woman], 'cept maybe the Indy 500."- Bunny, Platoon
    "To alcohol! The cause of- and solution to- all of life's problems."- Homer J. Simpson

Oh, well.
    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
    --Danny Noonan

Comment

I'm sure Sam Hornish is pleased.
      "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Other than the loss of 2 cars, I really don't care.
        Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Who needs 'em if they don't want to be at the GREATEST RACE.
          "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

"Next season, the Champ Car World Series will race two times in May, on the 13th at Houston, Texas and on the 21st at Monterrey, Mexico, leaving only the weekend in between for a possible 500 qualifying attempt by the series’ squads."

Am I the only one who's wondering what weekend comes between the 13th/14th and 20th/21st?
            "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP
              "Next season, the Champ Car World Series will race two times in May, on the 13th at Houston, Texas and on the 21st at Monterrey, Mexico, leaving only the weekend in between for a possible 500 qualifying attempt by the series’ squads."

Am I the only one who's wondering what weekend comes between the 13th/14th and 20th/21st?
              It's Cassio, He's a "journalist" not a mathematician
              Terrible moderators can destroy great forums

Comment

It's too bad. I'll miss them. Now some here will have to find somebody else to boo, hiss and jeer.

Chin up, at least there's Andretti-Green Racing

Comment

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

We're looking at an IRL field of 16-18 at best.
                    How we get 33 at Indy is beyond me.
                    "Race at Indy? Or not race at Indy? It's not that complicated"
                    -Eddie Cheever

Comment

By the time the mid-winter doom and gloom really gets going, there will only be a field of 10-12.

Comment

[QUOTE=TroySpeed]We're looking at an IRL field of 16-18 at best.
                        How we get 33 at Indy is beyond me.[/QUOT

next
                        www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by badmusic
                          By the time the mid-winter doom and gloom really gets going, there will only be a field of 10-12.
                          based on the doom and gloom ive already witnessed from the doom and glooms here...

im hopeful for 4-6 cars....including the pace car..

Comment

Lol

Comment

By February, the full time IRL field will be 22 to 23. 33 will not be a hard number to hit with 40 to 45 engines out there, ready to be bought or leased on the cheap in May. The current 3.0 is in the last year of its specs and you can't keep them, so get something out of them.

The gloom and doomers said 33 was unachievable every year since 1996. Well, there will be 33 cars in the 2006 Indianapolis 500. I'll even be bold enough to say that a couple of those cheap 3.0's sold to one-off teams at Indy might make it through the summer because sponsorship deals might be more affordable with the condensed and shortened schedule.

Ten races from Indy to Labor Day - a $1,000,000 each could put 2 or 3 more cars in the field after Indy with eyes on full-time deals in 2007. There is a long-term method to their madness with the condensed summer schedule after Indy.

Newman-Haas not being at Indy doesn't hurt Indy or the IRL. It hurts Newman-Haas and Champ Car. Their highest point this year from a media standpoint came at Indy (unfortunately). You have to try really hard beyond that where the team or the series got noticable publicity beyond that.

As a Champ Car watcher, this is as bad a step in the wrong direction as some people opined Indy Car shortening their schedule was. Bad move that I hope their sponsors reconsider. It only pushes the series closer to being noticed less and less.

I loved CART, love the IRL, and like watching Champ Car - Dear Champ Car: Indy matters - if you don't think so, look what happened to CART.

They make it easier and easier every day for Mr. George and the IRL to be the single unified series everyone wants over at Champ Car HQ, don't they?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X