Brack to race at Le Mans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brack to race at Le Mans

I found a tidbit in Swedish news that brack and Stefan Johansson may team up for a run at the 2006 Le Mans.
    Swede (aka ExSwede)

Originally posted by Swede
    I found a tidbit in Swedish news that brack and Stefan Johansson may team up for a run at the 2006 Le Mans.

In a Porsche or Audi though? Tired of seeing Audi win.

Comment

Good for him! I hope he does extremely well.

Comment

I am trying to find more info, it didn't look like car/team is set yet.
        Swede (aka ExSwede)

Comment

Found some more info, Stefan is looking to Audi (if the R10 will be available for private teams that is). Potential third driver is Mattias Ekstrom, 2004 DTM champion 2005 DTM runner-up.
          Also, Kenny and family has moved to Brussels, Belgium.
          Swede (aka ExSwede)

Comment

I wish him nothing but the best for the rest of his life.

Couldn't ask for a better driver or person.

And he plays rock'n'roll guitar.
            "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Swedish Power!
              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

I hope he can run in LeMans. If he won, he would then join AJ Foyt as the only men to win both Indy and LeMans, would he not?
                Randy

"Danica has earned her equipment and her opportunity. It didn't just materialize out of the air. She earned it one piece at a time, starting at 10 years old." Mark Martin

"Life does not imitate art. It imitates bad television." Unidentified TV Talking Head.

Comment

Originally posted by Radny
                  I hope he can run in LeMans. If he won, he would then join AJ Foyt as the only men to win both Indy and LeMans, would he not?
                  Yup.

Though A.J. did it in the same year.
                  Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

I hope he races at LeMans and wins going away. KB is one of the best champions of both the IRL and 500.

Comment

Originally posted by Hardscrabble
                      Yup.

Though A.J. did it in the same year.
                      Nope. Pretty sure Graham Hill is in that club.
                      "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Yes, Graham Hill in 1972 with Henri Pescarolo in a Matra-Simca.

No I didn't know that without looking it up.

And that's assuming that Hill did indeed win the 1966 Indy 500.

So Kenny would make it 3, a pretty exclusive club.

Comment

In the story, Brack said that he had retired from full season racing, but was open to one-offs like Le Mans AND Indy 500, so there is still a possibility that we will see him at Indy again.
                          Swede (aka ExSwede)

Comment

Originally posted by roadracer
                            Yes, Graham Hill in 1972 with Henri Pescarolo in a Matra-Simca.
                            No I didn't know that without looking it up.
                            And that's assuming that Hill did indeed win the 1966 Indy 500.
                            So Kenny would make it 3, a pretty exclusive club.
                            Actually, Davy Jones came VERY close, winning Le Mans in 1996, second at Indy the same year.

Gurney came reasonably close, winning Le Mans in 1967, second at Indy the next year.

Mario's best Le Mans finish was 2nd at Le Mans in 1995. Sullivan finished 3rd in 1994, and Cheever's best was a 5th in 1987 with Jag.

Al Holbert, John Paul, Teo Fabi, Don and Bill Whittington (winners in 1979), Vern Schuppan, Sam Posey, Ronnie Bucknum, Denny Hulme, Mark Donohue and Lloyd Ruby were also Indy car guys who did pretty well at Le Mans.

But speaking as someone who held hardcards at Le Mans and Indy this year, while Johansson will continue to try to win the 24 Hours, don't look for great things from that team. The ACO shuffled the cards to help the Pescarolos and hurt the Audis this year, and while Audi prevailed, it won't happen again. The ACO would love to see a French team win again - for the first time since Peugeot, 12 years ago.

I think it will be difficult to beat Pescarolo next year.

Still, I'm with you guys - it would be great to have Kenny on the top step of the podium at the Sarthe.

Tom B.

Comment

izzat the real, one and only, knows more about racing than most anyone, Tom B. ???

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X