Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Cheever have a business outside racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Cheever have a business outside racing?

Just curious as many drivers who have been at it for several years have done very well for themselves. Just reading of the things Mario, for example, built his race earnings into is amazing. Nigel's name comes up from time to time and he is doing well also.

I simply have not heard anything of Cheever beyond his IRL activities and was curious.

Thanks

That’s a good question. There was his CEO position at Mecachrome USA . However they recently vacated the premises at Monument Circle in Indianapolis. Never understood why he had offices at the most prestigious location in downtown Indy for a branch operation of Mecachrome, whom I’m not really sure what their position was in his operation. So it appears that gig has ended for Eddie.

Alleanza Marketing labeled as a sports marketing and public relations firm. Made up of two individuals, we never hear of them working outside of their own “personal interest”.

Then there is the Cheever Group. Perhaps the umbrella over Alleanza and the Cheever Racing operation. They also boasted at times to be a Global Market Sponsorship Group. I haven’t seen results to accredit this.

With that, I hope he heavily pursues serious networking in seeking sponsorship for his racing team down in South Africa this week. Without the Toyota deal, I’m afraid we may not see him back in the IRL next year. We have learned how tough it is to nail down sponsorship in racing these days. Now that he is in the seat again, this could be is his calling to just drive and have fun. Whether it be in the GP Masters or in Grand Am or both.

Comment

Originally posted by treadlightly
      That’s a good question. There was his CEO position at Mecachrome USA . However they recently vacated the premises at Monument Circle in Indianapolis. Never understood why he had offices at the most prestigious location in downtown Indy for a branch operation of Mecachrome, whom I’m not really sure what their position was in his operation. So it appears that gig has ended for Eddie.

Alleanza Marketing labeled as a sports marketing and public relations firm. Made up of two individuals, we never hear of them working outside of their own “personal interest”.

Then there is the Cheever Group. Perhaps the umbrella over Alleanza and the Cheever Racing operation. They also boasted at times to be a Global Market Sponsorship Group. I haven’t seen results to accredit this.

With that, I hope he heavily pursues serious networking in seeking sponsorship for his racing team down in South Africa this week. Without the Toyota deal, I’m afraid we may not see him back in the IRL next year. We have learned how tough it is to nail down sponsorship in racing these days. Now that he is in the seat again, this could be is his calling to just drive and have fun. Whether it be in the GP Masters or in Grand Am or both.

Thanks, I hadn't heard or read of any off track activities as one does of many other drivers/owners.
      Hopefully he willl show well in the GP Masters, gotta support our fellow yanks ya know, but cars with fenders may be his real thing as in the past.

Comment

If I recall Cheever is the biggest importer of marble from Italy.
        Never Drink and Drive, Use a 3-Iron...

"Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing." - Robin Miller to CCWS

http://koorsenmfg.com

http://www.mulsannescorner.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X