Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taylor Kiel Resigns.

From AMSP Facebook. 33A1892D-DB92-435E-A728-00C33D732BB7.jpg
    "Some say he once took two pieces of fire, to create a single piece of wood... And that he too is now officially listed as an endangered species..."

wow, this feels like big news. Going to another team maybe?
    RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane
    Ricky Stanzi: "There is nothing better than being an American! This is the greatest feeling, if you don't love it, leave it. USA #1!"
    Ricky Bobby: "We're just a bunch of big, hairy, American winning machines!"

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post
      wow, this feels like big news. Going to another team maybe?
      Maybe some drama behind the driver drama? Hopefully someone can provide some more info!

"Some say he once took two pieces of fire, to create a single piece of wood... And that he too is now officially listed as an endangered species..."

Comment

Be funny as hell if Alpine hired him.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskie4041 View Post
          Be funny as hell if Alpine hired him.
          Be even funnier if Ganassi Hired him. Isn't he Mike Hull's son-in-law? Perhaps this was the subject of the Hull-Brown conversation at Laguna Seca?

This is version of the story that is not behind a paywall:

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/...r-two-seasons/

Comment

Wowowowow
            "If your car was a dog, then you had to figure it out and test your own limits. And we didn't go to a wind tunnel – we did it in the first turn at Indianapolis."

Comment

Wonder whether he was pushed? If he's looking for a refreshed career opportunity I could put him in touch with a team that could use his expertise.
              Supporting Indy Car racing since 1959

Comment

I'm not a master of the English language but does "step ping down" and "resign" mean the same thing? Couldn't he be stepping down for another position or post within the same team? Stepping down doesn't mean resigning, right?
                "In IndyCar, no one makes money. It's just great, pure racing." - Sebastien Bourdais

Comment

Originally posted by Hitokiri View Post
                  Stepping down doesn't mean resigning, right?
                  He resigned.

Comment

Originally posted by Vic Mackey View Post

He resigned.
                    You're right.

https://racer.com/2022/09/20/team-pr...ow-mclaren-sp/
                    "In IndyCar, no one makes money. It's just great, pure racing." - Sebastien Bourdais

Comment

Rahal Letterman Lanigan is throwing around some serious money to strengthen its team. Could Taylor Kiel be the first of many new hires by this team?

Comment

Something seems really off about this. Usually you don't see the team that someone is leaving actually talk about the loss. Did he get "resigned"? Not sure the level of compensation at that level, but I would assume it is good, though not good enough to just leave a job with nothing lined up.
                        He could have something else lined up and just has to sit through a non compete, possibly. Still, I don't know why McLaren announced this. They aren't exactly making a reputation as being transparent, right?
                        I don't have a profile because I think profiling is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mikesorg View Post
                          Something seems really off about this. Usually you don't see the team that someone is leaving actually talk about the loss. Did he get "resigned"? Not sure the level of compensation at that level, but I would assume it is good, though not good enough to just leave a job with nothing lined up.
                          He could have something else lined up and just has to sit through a non compete, possibly. Still, I don't know why McLaren announced this. They aren't exactly making a reputation as being transparent, right?
                          We can play "parse the statement":

“I’m certainly not looking at it as a bad thing, or a sad thing. Change is inevitable over time and it was the right choice for me.
                          "I know this is going to **** some people off at the old place. But don't worry, I have another job lined up."

So whatever lies ahead, we’re looking forward, and right now I’m just really focused on my wife and my daughter, who just turned one, and spending some good, quality time with them.”
                          "My old team is making me sit out a non-compete timeframe, but the new gig pays enough that I can relax for a while."

Comment

Originally posted by ay1 View Post
                            Rahal Letterman Lanigan is throwing around some serious money to strengthen its team. Could Taylor Kiel be the first of many new hires by this team?
                            I think they'd be better off getting a better driver for one of their entries.

Taylor Kiel would also be of benefit
                            RHR: "I'm a proud American boy right now!" -2014 Indy 500 Victory Lane
                            Ricky Stanzi: "There is nothing better than being an American! This is the greatest feeling, if you don't love it, leave it. USA #1!"
                            Ricky Bobby: "We're just a bunch of big, hairy, American winning machines!"

Comment

Originally posted by RHR Fan Always View Post

I think they'd be better off getting a better driver for one of their entries.

Taylor Kiel would also be of benefit
                              Literally any team in the paddock could benefit. Starting with Andretti. The fact that Mike Hull met with Zak Brown at Laguna makes me think it might be Ganassi.

If they wanted to be conniving, Ganassi could hire Kiel for the IMSA program, which might no be subject to a non-compete since McLaren does not have an IMSA program.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X