Design your own IndyCar...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design your own IndyCar...

We would like you to design your own IndyCar, helmet or transporter. This link will take you to the page where you will be able to download a .jpg file. Take it into your favorite editor program and create a unique design. When you are done submit your file and we will display the best ones!
    http://www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com/
    http://www.indycar.com/

Neat idea . Any chance of getting top views as well so people can do the top of the sidepods?
    Dustin Kessinger

Comment

And an .eps or .ai version, for those of us who prefer to do such graphics work in vector format?

Comment

Originally posted by theunions
        And an .eps or .ai version, for those of us who prefer to do such graphics work in vector format?
        You can't create a trace for a vector from that jpg?
        -Kaaveh
        http://www.humansofracing.com

Comment

Is this like a coloring contest where you can get two tickets to the Indy 500???

(c7 - you aren't allowed to play - amateur's only )
          "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Comment

A cc web site has something similar to this and it is really cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaaveh
              You can't create a trace for a vector from that jpg?
              Of course I (personally) could, manually redrawing each line and object, but it would take me hours for each distinctly different one.

The jpegs posted, at a mere 30-31kb apiece (47kb for the transporter), are of way too low quality IMHO to properly "color" in a raster editng program without losing all the line detail (and also way too low resolution-wise for programs like Streamline to automatically do the tracing for you); the only way to get decent enough results would be to print a hard copy, draw on that as you would a standard coloring book page in order not to ruin the linework, then rescan and submit.

Keep in mind, of course, my graphic standards are higher than most.

Comment

You've answered your original question then...
                -Kaaveh
                http://www.humansofracing.com

Comment

Great idea. But how come there's no link to it on the Indycar site for those that don't visit TF?

Comment

Since I am lacking in skill and standards....

(Yes, I have NO shame!)
                    Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
                    It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

The Brian's Wish splash will look great in Victory Lane!
                      Strike Out Lou Gehrig's Disease

Comment

My new hobby of making wine has led to the Ugly Dog Wine Special. Notice the 2006 Indy 500 Winner logo.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

I see only one problem with this................. you can't put the engine in front.....
                          www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

I'm going to assume that liverys for trademarked sponsors won't be accepted, but beer sponsors are cool and Pisner Urquell is my favorite beer so I made a Pisner Urquell livery anyway. Here's a link to it because webshots won't let me display it directly :mad:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...01553997XiDtKe

I'm pretty proud of it, despite the obvious copywrite violations.
                            It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

Here ya go Bombardier:

Copyright Schmopyright ... As long as it's co-sponsored by C&B, you get comedic license!

Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
                              It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X