X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats Da'Matta?...to IRL?

according to speed channel champ car notebook

damatta courted by AGR....

Damatta to the IRL would completely, abso-freakin-lutely ROCK!

Comment

yeah, especially since he drove for Kalkohven last year.
      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

I'ld rather see him go to RLR, to reduce the engineering burden for setting up cars for itty bitty drivers. Da Matta would be a great teacher/adviser for Danica too.

Comment

Not a move that would surprise me, but also not a move that I'd like either. Irregardless of his comments about the IRL in the past, I've never been a big fan of the guy, and I don't think he is the same driver he was before he went to F-1.

Comment

Da Matta to an AGR seat would just prove that the owners still haven't figured out what will actually put butts in the seats and have people tune in on TV. While he's got plenty of talent, I just don't see him really causing any sort of increase to the fanbase of the series. Plus, everyone would know it's just about the money...I doubt he has any desire to really be in an Indycar on a bunch of ovals.

Comment

What Canth said.

Just another driver that doesn't want to be here, yet lands a top ride (if it pans out).
              "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Not gonna happen.

Comment

:shrug: Da Matta wouldn't do any better than anyone else in that seat.

Since Da Matta won his Cart title in 2002, I've been very disappointed in his performance. He went into Formula 1 with the wrong attitude, and he came out of Formula 1 with an even worse attitude. He hasn't looked like a champion this year in Champ Car either.

I'm sure AGR could find a better driver talentwise, attitudewise, and fan-interestwise.

Comment

Talentwise? I on think anybody on AGR forgot getting spanked week in and week out in 2002.

Comment

Originally posted by Canth
                      Da Matta to an AGR seat would just prove that the owners still haven't figured out what will actually put butts in the seats and have people tune in on TV. While he's got plenty of talent, I just don't see him really causing any sort of increase to the fanbase of the series. Plus, everyone would know it's just about the money...I doubt he has any desire to really be in an Indycar on a bunch of ovals.

...well said, I second that.

It still perplexes me as to why the IRL continually gets drivers that don't really care to be here yet the drivers that do want to be here can't get seats.
                      ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

I'm I the only one who isn't doing cartwheels over this rumor (though I'm not surprised by the pick if true). Don't get me wrong, he's a good driver, but I'd rather see "an up and coming American" in this seat. I guess this is the new IRL.

Comment

I'd rather see Ryan Hunter Reay or Alex Barron at AGR
                          Proud owner of a Dave DeSpain bobblehead!

Comment

Originally posted by Cygni
                            Talentwise? I on think anybody on AGR forgot getting spanked week in and week out in 2002.
                            He was on by far the best team in 2002. Da Matta only had to care about spanking Christian Fittipaldi. Which from all accounts is not a very difficult task...

Comment

His championship came before CART adopted a drive weight rule, correct? Isn't that how he kicked PT's butt?

I hope he stays in ChampCar.
                              It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X