Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Decision Time: NASCAR wants Fernandez ... very badly

Link

Fernandez, an Indy-car star from Mexico City, signed on with NASCAR, Rick Hendrick and sponsor Lowe's earlier this year to headline NASCAR's new marketing foray into the Hispanic world. Fernandez figured to get a little pub, maybe pick up some more sponsorship for his own Indy Racing League operation, revitalize his career, and have a little fun at this roundy-round stuff in these awkward stock cars.

But now he's found himself sucked into the NASCAR vortex. During these next two weeks he'll have to face one of the biggest decisions of his career. Does he really want to jump into NASCAR whole-heartedly, or, at 42 and freshly married, would he rather simply step back and enjoy the richly comfortable world he has created for himself during 24 years as a racer, and one of Mexico's most famous sports figures?
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Well if he wants $$$ then I think we all know where he'll go cause there's none in open wheel.

Comment

It would seem the future of his race team is a big question mark for next season but at 42?
      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

Consider the source...

The Winston-Salem Journal is the NASCAR Bureau of Misinformation and Mike Mulhern is the Minister of Misinformation .......Believe anything you read in that column when you see it. I am not saying he is always wrong but he is more often wrong than right....

Comment

I believe Fernandez himself said earlier that he is too old to run 36+ races a year, and too old to learn the new tricks involved with running a heavy stock car. Then again, if the sponsors want em...

Comment

Originally posted by Cali
            Well if he wants $$$ then I think we all know where he'll go cause there's none in open wheel.
            What about all the Yen that Honda was supposedly throwning at him??

One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

He should do whats best for his sponsors... O wait, they already left him

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStang
                What about all the Yen that Honda was supposedly throwning at him??

Along came AGR.
                If you don't stand behind our troops, PLEASE, feel free to stand in front of them.

Jesus Saves! Passes to Noah.....He shoots, he scores!

Comment

I feel sorry for the poor guys in the body shop that will have to keep repairing all the cars he backs into the wall.
                  DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy
                    I feel sorry for the poor guys in the body shop that will have to keep repairing all the cars he backs into the wall.
                    why? they get paid.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisg
                      The Winston-Salem Journal is the NASCAR Bureau of Misinformation and Mike Mulhern is the Minister of Misinformation .......Believe anything you read in that column when you see it. I am not saying he is always wrong but he is more often wrong than right....
                      Chrisg is right on a lot of things.. maybe this is one..
                      "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Comment

The big question here is not whether or not Fernandez will drive in NASCAR, but rather Who Cares?

Comment

Is it as illuminative to anyone as it is me that NAS craves the presense of a Mexican auto racing star in order to get Mexicans to give a damn about their existence?
                          THIS...IS...OPEN-WHEEL!!!

Some people have religion. I happen to be one of them.

"If grown men and women wish to take such risks, that is their own business."
                          Ronald Reagan

"Be intolerant: because some things are just plain stupid."

Comment

Is it as illuminative to anyone as it is me that NAS craves the presense of a Mexican auto racing star in order to get Mexicans to give a damn about their existence?

And the IRL doesn't. Why isn't the IRL working hard to get sponsors like Lowes to sponsor Adrian in the IRL. Or maybe a better asked question, why isn't the IRL PR department working.
                            Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Maybe not necessarily NASCAR, but Lowe's looks like THEY want him.
                              Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X