15 Dead 150 Injured, Indiana and Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Dead 150 Injured, Indiana and Kentucky

A tornado ripped through the area at 2:00 am. My prayers are offered.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...EWS01/51106001

Indiana Star reports 9 Dead. Absolute tragedy. I hope no one on this board lost anybody.
    It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

Comcast says 15 dead. Prayers from here as well. A tragedy.

Side note: Has anyone noticed lately that nowadays, autumn seems just as deadly for tornadoes in Indiana as is spring?
      "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
      --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
        Comcast says 15 dead. Prayers from here as well. A tragedy.

Side note: Has anyone noticed lately that nowadays, autumn seems just as deadly for tornadoes in Indiana as is spring?

...yup, I noticed that when I was hit by the September tornado in 2002.
        ​a bad day at the race track beats a good day at work

Comment

a terrible tragedy, probably made worse due to the timing.
          www.dulcetroad.com

My Band's website!!!!

Comment

Deadliest Hoosier Tornado outbreak since 1974

Comment

Here is another link

Doesn't look good. Not normal to see this much, this time of year.
              Even here in North Texas where we get so many.
              "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Comment

I thought of the people on this board the second I heard of this.

My thoughts are with you all. At least with hurricanes we get some warning. That's got to be scary.
                It's a brand new day.

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofan
                  I thought of the people on this board the second I heard of this.

My thoughts are with you all. At least with hurricanes we get some warning. That's got to be scary.
                  They are VERY scarey. You don't really know it's comming a lot of times until it just HITS. I been through some.

F2 Twister hit my work in Mesquite Texas about 10 years ago. We were watching the rain.. Real hard, and pitch black in the afternoon. Power went out.. Rain started going at an angle, them more of an angle, then sideways. So we backed off the window as a LOT of lightning opened up, and thunder got louder, and louder.

Then the rain started going UP! Windows went out, and the big AC unit for the whole building on the roof flew off. Landed 200 yards away, at the end of the strip mall we are in.

No MAJOR damage other than the AC unit and windows, and no injuries. Was REAL scarey..

btw, constant loud tunder getting louder and louder over about 10 minutes, is a twister, not tunder. (seemed like 10 minutes anyway)

Prayers as always with the people who go through any of these terrable things. Even if they are not hurt, it will take them a day or so to really grasp what they went through.
                  "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Comment

Yahoo reports death toll up to 22 now.

Boy that is a tough situation up there.
                    aXe
                    Born Again Race Fan seen at
                    www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Best wishes for those in Indiana & Kentucky affected by this storm.

Comment

It is always bad when they hit trailer parks square on. They don't have to be too strong to do major damage.

On edit: Here is something of interest, if you're ever watching your local weather coverage:

Governor Ernie Fletcher is touring homes and businessses damaged by a tornado in Munfordville in south-central Kentucky. The governor's tour comes amid the sound of chain saws buzzing.

The Hart County town was hit by one of at least two tornadoes that touched down early Sunday.
                        I was watching 2 Louisville stations cover this storm. Both were using (different) radar pictures to tell people where the storm was & whether or not to take shelter. One station was reporting that the tornado was moving over Munfordville proper, while the other was reporting that it was at least 8 miles to the North of town.

My point is not to assume that tornadoes are as "accurate" as the weather guys make them sound sometimes. If there is a warning for your area, take shelter, even if the guy on TV thinks it is not threatening your immediate location.
                        One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X