X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAF1_fan
    replied
    Hi people

At last!!! i have been reading here about all the races you people are attending, finally i can say i'll be at the GP masters race at Kyalami! i cant wait! this is going to be something very special! and is going to bring back alot of memories of when i was a kid going to watch some of these guys when they were in their heyday in F1!

Just very dissappointed if Prost doesnt make it.

Along with the gpmasters is a race for 2 seater F1 cars, drivers like Johanny Herbert, Gianni Morbidelli oh yes and Ryan Hunter_Rae "excuse my spelling" amongst others!

Leave a comment:

• Cygni
    replied
    Those are hardly reynards anymore. Maybe just the running gear. its certainly not a Reynard external shape.

And no, the 'whistling' effect i think your talking about is either an aero effect, or an exhaust effect. I cant really tell from the videos. Its not Reynard specific, either way.

Leave a comment:

• SportscarBruce
    replied
    Is that whistling sound unique to Reynards? Or gearbox noise?

http://www.gpmasters.com/video_audio...neTesting2.wmv

Leave a comment:

• Horrible Hagar
    replied
    Originally posted by FLB
    Alain Prost was supposed to do it, but won't be at Kyalami. Sullivan was never going to be a part of it as he only drove a single season for Tyrrell (1983). There's a requirement that drivers have to have driven at least two seasons in F1 to be eligible for GP Masters.

As for Emmo, I don't know, but he's never suffered from a weak ego, so I absolutely do not doubt he'll do it if he's still quick enough...
    Alain is rumoured to be starting a DTM team... which he may drive for

Leave a comment:

• Kurt Cobain
    replied
    I'd love to see these drivers in it as well...

Mario, Niki Lauda, John Watson and Martin Brundle.

Leave a comment:

• FLB
    replied
    Originally posted by dog-ring
    I read somewhere that emerson will attend but not drive. Anyone else know for sure?

I also heard tht Danny Sullivan might not drive either...........
    Alain Prost was supposed to do it, but won't be at Kyalami. Sullivan was never going to be a part of it as he only drove a single season for Tyrrell (1983). There's a requirement that drivers have to have driven at least two seasons in F1 to be eligible for GP Masters.

As for Emmo, I don't know, but he's never suffered from a weak ego, so I absolutely do not doubt he'll do it if he's still quick enough...

Leave a comment:

• hikari
    replied
    the car looks great, so much nicer than the A1GP car. I also read that Murry Walker has been pulled out of retirement to do TV commentry for the series

Leave a comment:

• ND500BARB
    replied
    I am so excited about this! To see Eddie in a car again....I just can't wait!

They have listed TV coverage on 11/13....ESPN HIghlites.....I sure don't want to miss it so ,if anyone hears anything more specific, please let us know.

Leave a comment:

• Roadrage
    replied
    Wow, that's quite a lineup.

Leave a comment:

• dog-ring
    replied
    I read somewhere that emerson will attend but not drive. Anyone else know for sure?

I also heard tht Danny Sullivan might not drive either...........

Leave a comment:

• keysersozeredux
    replied
    Thoughts on GP Masters

This is a fabulous idea, as I think this was the most interesting era in terms of drivers. It was also, IMO, the most competitive era ever in F1.

Qualifying may be the only real surprise, because a driver like de Cesaris really ruined his chances at a top-line ride because of his wildness--but he was always very respectable in qualifying.

The drivers who have been racing a bit since their F1 days should have the edge in the early races, but expect the pecking order to return to what it was during their racing careers. With the exception of Fittipaldi and Stuck (I think he's on the card) many were contemporaries. Jones and Lauda were getting toward the end of their careers when the others were on the rise, but we have have a good idea of how they measured up to the others.

I'm just not sure that a driver in his mid to late 50s or 60s will push it like a driver in his 40s. This does not bode well for Emmo and Stuck.

The longer the race, the more likely the winner will be Alain Prost.

But as I did back in his day, I'll be pulling for Riccardo Patrese!

Leave a comment:

• nitrofan
    replied
    if this is a series when is the next one?

Leave a comment:

• Cygni
    replied
    Hmm they might be, i could be wrong. I didnt know they were based off the old Reynard, either. no wonder they are so awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Spike
    replied
    Originally posted by Cygni
    ...600+hp, manual shift, nice tires...
    I thought they were using paddle shifters.

"Nice" tires? If "nice" means no grooves then I agree.

Leave a comment:

• SportscarBruce
    replied
    That really is a sweet car and an impressive driver lineup.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X