• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danica

Mentioned in Family Circus this AM...

I saw that in my local newspaper.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Howard.

For those that haven't seen it, the comic shows mom in the front seat and two kids in the back with the caption:

"Driving to school would be a lot more fun if Danica Patrick was our mom."

Comment

But how could make believe characters have a mom?? Let alone a cool "mom" like Danica??
        You Can Have Anything You Want In Life...You Just Can't Have Everything

Comment

Mentioned in Family Circus? That'll kill any 'cool' associated with her.

Comment

I dont follow Family Circus, but what other drivers have they shown in their strip? Any? Is this a first?

Even during silly season, the machine keeps a rollin.
            The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by Plectraholica
              I dont follow Family Circus, but what other drivers have they shown in their strip? Any? Is this a first?
              Technically, Keane did not "show" Danica.

Comment

For a person to to feel comfortable mentioning a name in his comic, he MUST feel most will recognize the name or they will not get the joke. It means that the recognition is out there for real. One down and 21 to go.
                Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

This can't be true-Danica's 15 minutes of fame were supposed to be up.

Comment

I remember a similar FC cartoon where Dad is stuck in traffic with the kids in back saying something like, "Jeff Gordon would have been there by now."

Sooooo, Danica has moved into Gordon territory as far as public icon status? Or maybe Bill Keane is just a motorsports fan. I don't recall many other mentions of sports figures in his cartoons.
                    Dale
                    Lake Effect Motorsports Formula Mazda

Comment

There was an immensely funny Family Circus parody site that Keane got shut down a few years back. Some of the funniest captions I have ever read.

I'll have to get the paper and look for the Danica reference.

Comment

If Danica were driving, we'd be two laps down.

Comment

If Vuke were driving, everyone else would be two laps down. You take what you can get.
                          THIS...IS...OPEN-WHEEL!!!

Some people have religion. I happen to be one of them.

"If grown men and women wish to take such risks, that is their own business."
                          Ronald Reagan

"Be intolerant: because some things are just plain stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                            Man to Man is so unjust... there's no Man you can Trust.

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan
                              It's good to be connected to the people.
                              "George Bignotti's Sinmast Wildcat (Designed by Bob Riley); delicately built, carefully prepared and boldly driven by Gordon Johncock." -- Keith Jackson

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X