The Best and the Worst Indy car races in 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best and the Worst Indy car races in 2005

With the Indy car season over what were the three best Indy car races this year.
    My choices would be:
    1.89th Indianapolis 500 - I have been watching the '500' every year since 1998 and in that time period this certainly was the best one. Awesome racing on the track combined with a lot of different strategical moves from the teams and good TV ratings made this year's '500' a great success and a very enjoyable show.
    2.Chicagoland Indy 400 - there are many big high banked ovals in the IRL (Michigan, Calfifornia, Kansas, etc) but for some reason the racing there isn't as exciting as Chicagoland. This year wasn't an exception. Banzai Briscoe's crash did spoil the show somewhat but other than that the race was awesome
    3.A.J. Foyt Indy 225, Milwaukee - the first part of the race wasn't that good with the two Penskes running away but then it was awesome. The contact between Sam and Helio added a lot of excitement and then Sam's awesome run to pass the AGR guys and Scheckter's late move for second. Another race worth being mentioned in the annals of the Milwaukee Mile history.

Races I did not like:
    California - a lot of reasons. The racing wasn't as good as at many other tracks and the controversy at the finish didn't improve things. Still a pretty good show but certainly not as good as the majority of the other races
    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone is life" Sid Collins

Best: Indy, Phoenix

Worst: Motegi (the worst oval race every year), St. Pete, California

Comment

Best: Indy, Texas
      Worst: St. Pete, Infineon, Watkins Glen
      --Paul Dalbey
      (the poster formerly known as 'pdalbey')

Different men, from vastly different backgrounds, focused on the same goal – a white line painted on a yard of brick 500 miles ahead.

http://Fieldof33.com

Comment

best: Indy, Texas, Michigan, Kansas

Worst: road coures except St. Pete, and I believe Pikes Peak was a snoozer as well
        No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Best: Indy, Kansas, Chicago
          Worst: Infineon, Pikes Peak, Motegi - I just hate the fuel conservation "races".

Comment

Best:
            INDY + Chicagoland

Worst:

Anyplace they turned right (I did half-way enjoy the Glen, however).
            ...---...

Comment

Best - TMS
              Worst - Infineon
              ...Always follow the money

Comment

Best: Texas, Indy and Phoenix

Worst: Watkins Glen, St. Pete and Infineon

Comment

Best: Indy, Milwaukee, the road races.

Worst: Texas
                  Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

Best: Indy, Milwaukee, Phoenix

Worst: Sonoma, Pikes Peak, Nashville

Comment

Best - Indy
                      Worst - Gateway and Nazareth
                      We flipped our finger to the King of England
                      Stole our country from the Indians
                      With god on our side and guns in our hands
                      We took it for our own!

Comment

Indianapolis was one of the best if you watch it muted.
                        Mirror, mirror, on the wall, who is the Keenest of them all?

Comment

Best I actually got to watch, at least partially:

Indy, Milwaukee, Watkins Glen

Worst I got to watch, at least partially:

Sonoma, St Petersburg, Homestead
                          Last edited by skypigeon; 11-04-2005, 05:48 AM. Reason: Those damn Florida towns; they all look alike to me ;-)
                          "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                          --Danny Noonan

Comment

There was a bad IRL race this year?
                            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Huh???

Worst I got to watch, at least partially:

Sonoma, Ft. Lauderdale, Homestead

See that! Proof that the IRL season dragged on too long this year. They had a race at the new Ft. Lauderdale Super Speedwaydrome, and I completely missed it. :mad:

That would have been nice to see the waves of the Atlantic lapping on the beach as my favorite drivers lapped on the track.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X