• Jim Harbaugh arrested for DUI

Very disappointing.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Very sad indeed. I know a lot of kids always looked up to "Captain Comeback." But he is human and has faults like the rest of us. However, that is by no mean a justification for driving drunk.
    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

I think he said all the right things afterward. It will be interesting ala Bob Huggins (Cincinnati Basketball Coach) and/or Mike Price (Alabama Head Football Coach who had way too much fun at a golf outing) to see if he keeps his job. It was just one mistake but we live in a zero tolerance world.
      You Can Have Anything You Want In Life...You Just Can't Have Everything

Comment

Geez! When your race team loses your main sponsor and your engine supplier all at the same time, you'd be drink'in too............... Is he still an owner at panther???????

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
        http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

Yeah I heard that at just before 7am on my way in to Indy. I was like what.

Comment

Originally posted by jrandrew00
            Yeah I heard that at just before 7am on my way in to Indy. I was like what.
            I was surprised too, but Harbaugh seems like the type that will learn from his terrible mistake and not repeat it.

Comment

Not that this makes it any better, but at least it wasn't drugs, steriods or spouse abuse....or rape...or murder. Well, maybe the last two make it seem better.

Hey, it was a long, long time ago, but I've gotten into a car with a buzz so I can't exactly pass critical judgement. Hopefully he will learn from it and it won't happen again.
              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I can hear the [email protected] singing now.
                www.ragingphotos.com

Comment

Good people make mistakes.
                  Jim Harbaugh is a good person.
                  Period.
                  "Race at Indy? Or not race at Indy? It's not that complicated"
                  -Eddie Cheever

Comment

Off topic- I used to make fun of JH's quarterbacking skills with the Bears. Then he took my Colt's to the AFC title game with an outstanding season. I became a fan.

Hope he does well in the future. My own guess would be he won't make a habit of this. He seems fairly grounded.
                    Got to watch out for those Libertarians - they want to take over the government and leave everyone alone!

Comment

This does not make him a lesser man. We all make mistakes in our life. Hope he learns a lesson and if he needs help he seeks it.

Comment

As someone who's been there and done that, good resolutions and plans really don't amount to much if one does have a problem with alcohol. If this is a one time thing and he makes sure he doesn't drive after imbibing, then he should be all right. However, if driving after having even two drinks is a regular thing, a problem exists. I got caught four times over a period of ten years and everytime I swore I wouldn't drink and drive again. It wasn't until I decided I wouldn't drink period that the problem went away. And yes, it is a one day at a time thing. I haven't had a drink in over fifteen years, but the desire still jumps up every once in while and I need reinforcement to stay sober. Best of luck Big Jim. Maybe you're a "Normy" who made a mistake and this will be the end of it. But if not, everyone needs help to quit if the "ism" is present.
                        A good race driver, given adequate seat time, can drive any well prepared racecar on any track surface or configuration at competitive speeds. Remember, I said a GOOD race driver!!!

Comment

Harbaugh doesn't get much respect from me. After the 95 AFC title game, his game really tailed off. Remember his "hand injury" after an altercation with Jim Kelly?

Comment

I got stopped by my local police several times and was told to hand over my keys and walk the rest of the way home, pick up the keys the next day at the police station. Had to stand in line once; lots of drinking where I came from.....

Then I moved to the big city and got stopped by the cops; not quite so understanding and it was off to jail. I quit drinking a few years later and haven't had a drop in almost 20 years but I still remember what it was like and I would never criticise someone else who made the same mistakes I did.

He'll learn from it.

Comment

So many people take a chance of drinking and then driving. So many. However, they usually wind up getting caught. I don't like the taste of booze, so I don't have to worry. I love to eat a lot, though. That is my weakness. If I was a Roman in the ancient days, I'd be the person that uses the feather to gag and then return back to eat again.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X