Testing opened up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing opened up

teams free to test when and where they want in 2006. Two free session at Homestead and Richmond, plus a manufacturer test.

The big deal is teams can EARN THREE MORE TESTING DAYS BY ENTERING A CAR IN THE MIPS PROGRAM.

LINK:http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...egory=SPORTS01
    Have attended: Indy 500 (34), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (4), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Hopefully it'll help the IPS car counts.
    Life's too short to worry/Life's too long to wait
    Too short not to love everybody/Life's too long to hate

"There are a number of very knowledgeable and entertaining race fans here. There are also a number of morons. Your job is to figure out which is which." - Rev-Ed

Comment

I like the reduced overall testing days, but I think Nascar has a better policy for 2006. Eliminate all free testing days and offer a league test at three of four different types of tracks. Beyond that there shouldn't be any testing.

Comment

I think this is going to very interesting. The(new for IndyCar team) shop in Mooresville, NC is 425,000 square feet on something like 60 acres.

When Penske purchased that former manufacturing plant, one of the things mentioned in thier press release was thier plans for building a "test track" for thier NASCAR shops on that facility to shake down the cars. I'm guessing Roger knew this was coming and that facilitated the move for the IndyCar team to also use this track.
        Have attended: Indy 500 (34), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (4), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Racing-Live Story

Actually a team could earn up to six test days if they ran two MIPS cars.
          We flipped our finger to the King of England
          Stole our country from the Indians
          With god on our side and guns in our hands
          We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by damilt
            I think this is going to very interesting. The(new for IndyCar team) shop in Mooresville, NC is 425,000 square feet on something like 60 acres.

When Penske purchased that former manufacturing plant, one of the things mentioned in thier press release was thier plans for building a "test track" for thier NASCAR shops on that facility to shake down the cars. I'm guessing Roger knew this was coming and that facilitated the move for the IndyCar team to also use this track.
            I wonder if that would be incentive enough for Penske to consider having a Pro Series team? I do know they get the maximum out of every test they attend. I don't remember them hardly ever running in support series.
            Maybe someone with better knowledge of Penskes operations could enlighten me on that......................
            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by dog-ring
              I wonder if that would be incentive enough for Penske to consider having a Pro Series team? I do know they get the maximum out of every test they attend. I don't remember them hardly ever running in support series.
              Maybe someone with better knowledge of Penskes operations could enlighten me on that......................
              I remember Casey Mears running sort of a Penske "satellite operation" car in Indy Lights around 1996 & 1997. I think the team was owned by Roger & Rick Mears. Not sure of any more details, maybe someone can provide them.

Comment

at least the big picture people are trying to create perks in the MIPS, bigger paydays & add'l test days for ICS is a step in the correct direction. Glad to see this. If you can't "buy into" your own series what's the point?!
                No where in your rambling incoherent response did you come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. We are all dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Well, last year Marco Andretti raced for "Andretti Green Racing" in the IPS. Of course, that job was really subcontracted to the Duesenburg team, but the entry lists posted the same team.

Sam Schmidt has always gotten chassis for the 500 from Penske. Does Penske make part of that deal slapping the Penske name on Schmidt's IPS operation for additional testing days?

As for restricting test days "per team" rather than "per entry" here's some questions:

Do Fernandez Racing and Suzuki Aguri Fernandez Racing count as one team or two?

Could Andretti Green Racing simply have 2 cars officially owned by Michael, and 2 cars officially owned by Kim Green, and double their testing time?

Comment

FYI - The rule book on this isn't actually out yet!

Just the testing bulletin.
                    We took it for our own!

Comment

How are teams supposed to make plans to use these testing days if the rules on them aren't actually published?

Do they put a plan in place, and then insist that their circumstance should be legal later?

Comment

Sorry,

Just to be clear, the rule book in general isn't out. This is all part of a testing bulletin sent to the teams.

They print the general guidelines via the bulletin. The detailed specifics of how they will determine an "entry" and what consitutes a "team" will come out in the rule book, though my understanding is the bulletin was pretty clear on the basics of the deal.

And no one can use any of the initial three private testing days until January 1st (when the 2006 rules take effect). Right now, there is pretty much a total testing ban.

Bonus days can't be used until they are earned. Bonus day one would be granted after the 4th PS event of '06 - (Watkins Glen)

I'm sure if a team has any questions they can just call Brian and get an answer.
                        We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob
                          How are teams supposed to make plans to use these testing days if the rules on them aren't actually published?

Do they put a plan in place, and then insist that their circumstance should be legal later?
                          The teams already know what the rules are........they just haven't seen fit to clue you in or include you yet................
                          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Oh.

Step's answer made it sound like the teams didn't know, as the rulebook isn't out yet.

Since you seem to know, can you answer my questions?

Comment

Hey, just a thought, but how about allotting testing days inverse to finishing position in the points? Give AGR one day and Hemelgarn 20 days.
                              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X