Indy 500/IndyCar Driver Autographs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy 500/IndyCar Driver Autographs

Hello everyone, you may remember me from the great Kentucky Speedway Ticket giveaway.

As most of you know, I have a huge collection of Indy 500 driver autographs, with 404 of the 703 in my collection.

I have over 1,000 Indy Car driver autographs in my collection, and I've decided to "thin out" some of them, for example today I wondered aloud, do I really need 12 Scott Sharp signed photos (no offense sharpfan8

Anyway, instead of going the Ebay route, I'm making some of my doubles available here to the true fans.

I am offering 20 signed photos or postcards, with 5 of the drivers Indy 500 winners, plus 10 unsigned photos or postcards, for $40, or 2 bucks a piece.

Any TF member will also get some free bonus items from the stash I get from teams each year, hats, shirts, etc.

Anyone interested can send me a private message.

you should ask my mom if she really needs 30 Tomas Scheckter autographs from this year. Actually they were for DownForce but IRL never got them from her. I told my dad to give them out at Halloween but he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford
      I have over 1,000 Indy Car driver autographs in my collection, and I've decided to "thin out" some of them, for example today I wondered aloud, do I really need 12 Scott Sharp signed photos (no offense sharpfan8
      None taken, but yes you do need 12! You need more than that! You need to hoard them like me!

Come to think of it, I wonder how many things I own that are signed by Scott...

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpfan8
        None taken, but yes you do need 12! You need more than that! You need to hoard them like me!

Come to think of it, I wonder how many things I own that are signed by Scott...

I realized today, I have 12 Scott Sharps, 12 Sam Hornishes, but neither of them are even close to the Unsers, I have 16 of Al Senior, 13 of Bobby, and 17 of Al Junior

Comment

Originally posted by lotuspoweredbyford
          I realized today, I have 12 Scott Sharps, 12 Sam Hornishes, but neither of them are even close to the Unsers,
          You are right. Hornish is closer to an Andretti than an Unser. That IS what you meant, isn't it?
          "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I see your hand, and I'll raise you one A.J. Foyt, two Mario's and a straight flush of Newman/Haas drivers.

Comment

My guess is that you'll make more money via the Ebay route. Most of us here know how easy it is to get driver autographs. If you cannot get anyone on Ebay to buy them, you should give them away to TF people. I have no secret motive in saying this. Personally, I don't care much for autographs. In fact, I had never saught out autographs (and still don't) until a few years ago--for a special project. It seems like yesterday (insert dream music--perhaps a harp--and imagine the screen going out of focus as we go to a sequence from the past)....

On January 5, 2003 our church building (Grace Fellowship Church in Avon, IN) burned to the ground. Sadly, the building was only a few years old and was the first structure ever built by the congregation. Anyway, that summer we held a little carnival to raise money for the rebuild. One of the things we decided to do was hold an auction consisting of various collectible items, including sports memorabilia. These things can be inexpensive to obtain yet can bring in a good amount of money. Since my job put me a the track for a number of days in the month of May, I decided to put down $30.00 to buy a nice Indy 500 hat and get it autographed by as many drivers as possible. I cannot remember how many I ended up with, but it was quite a few, including several race winners and a few that went on to become race winners. I even took the time to take pictures of the hat and then used Photoshop to create an image that identified all of the signatures (which is good since most signatures are not legible).

On the day of the carnival, I put the hat in the silent auction and didn't pay much attention to it. All I knew was that it earned something like $50.

About a month later, guess what I recieved from my wife as a Father's Day present? A tie.

THE END

(boy, that wasn't a very good story...ok, there's more...)

I also received the hat. It's one of the few autographed items that I have and it's very special to me. It also represents $80.00 that came out of my pocket so we could make a $50.00 donation to the church. :mad:
              BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

I dont think that lpf is looking to make a mint and 2 bucks a card is a great deal.

The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

It seems like a decent deal. Like another poster, I don't really seek out autographs. Last year I ran across Dan Wheldon totally by chance as he was sneaking in the back door of their Indy garage - he signed my ticket (which I guess is extra cool since he won the race). I also bought a Penske front wing end plate signed by Helio and Sam - but that was at a charity auction and I really just thought it was unique. They would have gotten my money anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Plectraholica
                    I dont think that lpf is looking to make a mint and 2 bucks a card is a great deal.

Yeah, I'm not doing it for the money, if I were, I'd go the Ebay route.

I just really enjoyed the response from the Kentucky Ticket Giveaway, and I figured, if I'm going to pair down my 12 Scott Sharps, might as well by my TF friends who benefit.

Comment

I Only Have A Few

I never did get into the autograph thing too much, but I do have Tony Bettenhausen (the original), Eddie Sachs, Jim Hurtubise, Lloyd Ruby, A.J. Watson and Smokey Yunick.

Herk
                      "Rock-N-Roll has been going down hill ever since Buddy Holly died."

John Milner

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X