X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not doom and gloom article

http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html...rder=0&thold=0

Worth the read.

I'm not impressed with the article. The guy doesn't like ovals. He says he had fun at Homestead, but then says he's not interested in an oval series -why?He talks down about Danica (she's a rookie and did well this year). Then asks stupid questions, like will the IRL have enough teams and how many will cross over to CCWS next year.

He's not as anti IRL as he probably was a year ago, but that doesn't make it a good article "worth the read".
    Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

When an article starts out like this:

Until this season I'd never watched more than 10 minutes of an IRL race – and of THAT RACE, I'd only watched about 10 minutes – just enough to see Paul Tracy being robbed at the Indy 500.
      I know enough to ignore the rest of it.
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I had the same feelings Doc but I'll wait until part 2 is published to see exactly how full of excriment the author is.
        For the record, I never had a problem with CART in 1995. Its when they turned beligerant twards IMS and their fans for supporting the IRL that turned me off them.

Comment

Here's the author when he parked at Homestead for the race.

Comment

When someone who hates us is willing to see some worth of the series I think its a good thing- maybe I'm just too much of an optimist to think someone else will read this- that was in the same shoes and watch a few races and bump the ratings as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dra
              .......... maybe I'm just too much of an optimist ......
              I say we kill him first and ask questions later.
              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin

Hey dra...

(sorry, doc...inside joke...)
                ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                  You know my policy, nothing says bow to me like a bloody head on a pike...
                  Never Drink and Drive, Use a 3-Iron...

"Call Tony George, sell him your assets and save money, if not open-wheel racing." - Robin Miller to CCWS

http://koorsenmfg.com

http://www.mulsannescorner.com

Comment

read the entire article.

pay attention to the last two sentences - "Whatever your take on the IRL - come back for part two of this article because it’ll surprise you. I’ve enjoyed my first season seriously following the IRL and Part Two will prove that.

Plus, In Part Two, I’ll tell you where the IRL kicks Champ Car in the Paddock (ouch!) and wins over the fans – including myself."

looks like new IRL fan to me with opinions similar to regulars here

Comment

I read the whole article.

There was nothing in it that made me want to read Part2.

His shameless, "Golly, I'll really like the IRL in Part 2, honest I will, honest...honest..." was not compelling.
                      "The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made."
                      ~~Groucho Marx
                      I have the hots for Khaleesi...

Comment

I read the article, and look forward to the second article. I agree with some of his statements and disagree with others. There a lot of potential fans with the same attitudes as this writer that we need to win over to the IRL.
                        quote:
                        "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X