Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carpentier to AGR?

That's what Mark C says.

Patrick Carpentier to AGR? Yeah, right. And who would he be replacing?
    "You couldn't find a car you liked in Germany?

No......I couldn't find a speed limit I liked in America."

Proud Fan of the IZOD Indycar World Series

Comment

Originally posted by BrentJackson
      Patrick Carpentier to AGR? Yeah, right. And who would he be replacing?
      Just a guess...that guy that is running in like 6 series next year according to rumors...Dan Wheldon

Is it May yet ?

Comment

Carpentier has a contract with Mecachrome who paid his salary at Cheever. If Mecachrome is still with Cheever then he'll likely stay.

Comment

If only there IS Cheever...
          "The IRL has let me down.... 2002 was the last year of the IRL... They pushed out the guys that they created the sport for..." - Billy Boat

Comment

I would rather see Barron in an AGR car. It's a really long shot but that would certainly be a ride that Barron has deserved with some awesome rides over the years.
            Would be nice to see Carp there too. Hope he stays in the IRL because he is a quality racer.
            "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone is life" Sid Collins

Comment

Carp really is a quality racer and a heck of a nice guy. Just a question though: let's say, hypothetically, he gets a CCWS ride next year. Will he again become "Patreek Carbender" as he was at TF before getting the RBTC seat?
              Proud owner of a Dave DeSpain bobblehead!

Comment

No offense to Carpentier, but hiring him for a top seat just evidences why open wheel is in trouble in the US. The IRL has already got all the fans that these recycled, retread drivers are going to draw, so how about trying a young up and comer? Maybe even a US kid or two to race against what's her name?

Comment

Great.

Now we'll see a rash of "Carpentier to" threads.

...---...

Comment

There will be a Cheever and there is at least enough funding for one car at this point. Time will tell for Barron, lets hope for the best from this TOyota team.
                    The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

On SPEED News, Carpentier said he has nothing lined up for next year.

Comment

I could have sworn that Barron was definitely out of Cheever's team next season regardless. I think I heard that during the California broadcast, but I may be dreaming.

Comment

AGR was interested before, but he had a contract with Forsythe Racing. A few drivers have had constant interest all over the place, like Kannan, Dario, and Carpentier. Kannan is on lock down now, but Dario and Carpentier's name keep coming up whenever a seat opens up, year after year.

Comment

Dario's name always comes up because he's always available thanks to his one-year contracts.

PC to AGR actually makes some sense. I don't think anyone feels that Marco is ready yet so PC in the 26 for next year and then Marco replaces Herta when he retires.

Comment

Didnt Marco have his sights on F1 and not the irl?

PC will stay, thats what the elec tech says anyways.....done deal.
                              The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X