X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheldon to TCGR

Just saw one the news that Dan is going to Targer chip ganassi
    -Amanda
    The REAL #1 Scott Dixon Fan..... Don't believe me?.. ask Scott himself.
    My Photographic work... oh and some crappy graphic art..
    http://wrapmehinribbons.deviantart.com/

Can't be. That would mean that Robin was wrong.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

As long as he's in the IRL and racing next year I'll be a happy Wheldon fan.
      "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Originally posted by SDandTSfan
        Just saw one the news that Dan is going to Targer chip ganassi
        "If it's on the news, it must be true..."

...let's wait for an official press conference/announcement.
        -Kaaveh
        http://www.humansofracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kaaveh
          "If it's on the news, it must be true..."

...let's wait for an official press conference/announcement.
          I was just thinking the same thing

Comment

The really intersting part of all this is that there now seems to be no chance he is headed back to AGR. Kind of strange that they would not even be in the running. Does it seem like there is some sort of issue between him and the team?
            Randy

"Danica has earned her equipment and her opportunity. It didn't just materialize out of the air. She earned it one piece at a time, starting at 10 years old." Mark Martin

"Life does not imitate art. It imitates bad television." Unidentified TV Talking Head.

Comment

Since it was Channel 8, I understand, that broke the news, and Dan has a relationship with a member of the Channel 8 sports team....it might indeed be true....

Comment

That would be cool to see and that would also be a really legend like move. Instead of staying with the dominant team he moves to a team that has been struggling lately.
                "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone is life" Sid Collins

Comment

Indy Star this morning (11/1) says he's either going to TCGR or taking a test ride in F1 (presumably with a full-time ride option after a year); nothing's signed or firm.

If he is sticking with the IRL, gotta wonder why he's going to Ganassi. Other than AGR wanting to go to three cars next year and not wanting to put Bryan Herta out of a job--how noble--it makes no sense...
                  "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                  --Danny Noonan

Comment

My guess is if it is Floyd's place, there is significant bux involved for Dan and Floyd has no cash involved in the deal.
                    ...Always follow the money

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
                      Indy Star this morning (11/1) says he's either going to TCGR or taking a test ride in F1 (presumably with a full-time ride option after a year); nothing's signed or firm...
                      Is there an outside chance it could be both? Especially if the emphasis is on F1 testing, possibly fitting Friday drives in as schedule allows?

Comment

You heard it hear first!

TCGR IS STARTING A F1 TEAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Ganassifan
                          Since it was Channel 8, I understand, that broke the news, and Dan has a relationship with a member of the Channel 8 sports team....it might indeed be true....
                          this is an excellent point. Channel 8 wouldn't break something about Wheldon that wasn't true, considering one of its lead sports reporters shares the same residence.

i'm guessing Dan's never lied to a girl before
                          "Race at Indy? Or not race at Indy? It's not that complicated"
                          -Eddie Cheever

Comment

Indy Star this morning (11/1) says he's either going to TCGR or taking a test ride in F1 (presumably with a full-time ride option after a year); nothing's signed or firm.

If he is sticking with the IRL, gotta wonder why he's going to Ganassi. Other than AGR wanting to go to three cars next year and not wanting to put Bryan Herta out of a job--how noble--it makes no sense...
                            I'd say they run a 4th car for Marco, or three cars with Bryan the odd man out.......Kanaan & Dario have signed contracts.........I'm sure they made Dan an offer............but he's got options..........
                            the man in expensive shoes

Comment

AGR will still run 4 cars next year
                              SR

:tg + :kk = :sings

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X