Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penske switching to Honda

According to you know who.

SPEEDTV.com has learned that Penske is dropping Toyota for Honda for the 2006 season, which more or less leaves Toyota with only Chip Ganassi's team to combat the manufacturer that has won 26 of the last 33 races, back-to-back IRL titles and two consecutive Indianapolis 500s
    Spped

Smart move by Roger.
    Last edited by JSR; 10-30-2005, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Getting ready for 2007?

I'll be glad when everyone has a Honda and maybe then all the carping and unrest over motors will stop. If they can put anything together that's anywhere near as good as champcar's Cosworth engine package the series will be so competitive that you ain't seen nothing yet.
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
        Getting ready for 2007?

I'll be glad when everyone has a Honda and maybe then all the carping and unrest over motors will stop. If they can put anything together that's anywhere near as good as champcar's Cosworth engine package the series will be so competitive that you ain't seen nothing yet.

I think if Roger get the same motors as everyone else, AGR is toast, racing for third.
        "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

"Honda Performance Development's Robert Clarke admitted a few weeks ago that his company would be able to accomodate two more cars in '06 and Penske would be more than welcome because he left Honda on good terms after 2001."

Sounds like Panther could be stuck with the Toyota engine next year.

Comment

"Penske would be more than welcome...."......because he owns the company that builds our engines.

Comment

And because he runs the most professional operation in the paddock, still. The Chip + Honda + Wheldon puzzle fit into place, but this throws a monkey wrench into it... if robin was actually told correctly.

Comment

Third Penske for Dan maybe and the F1 rumors are a smokescreen?
                "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Chitownfan
                  According to you know who....

Yeah, well he's got nothing on me. I alluded to Penske's switch back on the 16th of the month in this very forum.
                  "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

If this is the case.. then Sam Hornish will win the 2006 Championship going away.. He is easily the best oval driver in the series and will dominate..
                    "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Austin
                      Third Penske for Dan maybe and the F1 rumors are a smokescreen?
                      Please, what is your logic to that?

Comment

Penske will be on top next year. Though, AGR will be a contender regardless of Penske's switch. AGR has some outstanding engineers. I've met them at various times in the past and they are methodical and professional to the extreme. Also each time that I've met them, they've been courteous and friendly even though they were hard at work. Just to be clear, these are the mechanics and engineers of AGR.

Comment

If true its good news. Maybe Sam will finally get a competitive engine.
                          Randy

"Danica has earned her equipment and her opportunity. It didn't just materialize out of the air. She earned it one piece at a time, starting at 10 years old." Mark Martin

"Life does not imitate art. It imitates bad television." Unidentified TV Talking Head.

Comment

Duh.
                            "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

If the part about those being the only two additional cars they can supply is true it leaves a few holes for next year.

Panther - Can they stand another season like they had with the Gen III Chevy a few years ago ? Not to mention it puts them a year behind almost all the other teams on learning the Honda assuming it is the only engine in 2007.

Foyt - After the way AJ burned the bridges with Toyota I can't see them taking him back. Add in that Anthony is gone to NASCAR and despite what they are saying does AJ maybe become an Indy only team ?

Is it May yet ?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X