This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Dana crashs again!!!

Paul was out runing his 125cc shifter kart at the new Indy Motorsprts complex on 38th and georgetown rd in indianapolis. runing atleast 4 seconds off the quick time at the track one of owners of the track went out on his 100cc kart and tried to race with paul. paul tried to step it up and crashed his shfter kart and almost destroyed it!!! mabey he needs to go back to baby karts and start over!!
    INDYFAN33

Hope he wasn't hurt. He's already had enough of that this year.

He's also going through a gruelling regimine of physical theraphy to heal himself and make himself stronger. I read somewhere the shifter kart program was to build up his endurance and get him back in the groove. It's sad to see a setback this early for him.

Maybe he's not the most talented guy in the series but I've got to admire the work he's putting into it.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

That track is fast, but super dangerous. It's lined completely by tires. If you nip one of those in a go-kart, you're gonna go for a wild ride!
      -Kaaveh
      http://www.humansofracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan33
        Paul was out runing his 125cc shifter kart at the new Indy Motorsprts complex on 38th and georgetown rd in indianapolis. runing atleast 4 seconds off the quick time at the track one of owners of the track went out on his 100cc kart and tried to race with paul. paul tried to step it up and crashed his shfter kart and almost destroyed it!!! mabey he needs to go back to baby karts and start over!!

Doubtful
        "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

Paul's better off as a mechanic on an IRL squad. Or he can use his jounalism skills, too, for the purposes of PR work...i.e. bringing in sponsorship to a team or working driver promotions, etcetera.

The book on Paul was that he had the skills to run a decent MIPS career, but that was the end of the line. Further, and well...you see the results.

MIPS may end up one of those places where guys like Paul, Jay Drake, Herb, can run Indy-style cars and make a decent living and get their racing kicks at places like the Brickyard all at once without suffering the fate of taking that extra step they shouldn't.

With bigger cash prizes in MIPS next year, this scenario becomes more plausible. MIPS could become a 25-30 car field of guys on the way up, way down, and not-quite-prime timers that results is some pretty damn good racing.

I would say to Paul, put together a decent little MIPS package and win a race or two there and have some fun.

The big cars are going to be too much for his skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by Barstow Kid
            Paul's better off as a mechanic on an IRL squad. Or he can use his jounalism skills, too, for the purposes of PR work...i.e. bringing in sponsorship to a team or working driver promotions, etcetera.
            He brought a sponsor to his team and the league. Pretty good track record there. I'm sure somebody would hire him in that capacity.

That being said, I hope he's OK. Any word on that?
            It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Comment

Barstow i thought you were leaving?

Comment

Right, but Jimmy Kite sure took it to the front, didn't he.

There is no way of knowing how Dana could have performed in the short time he drove, driving, possibly the worst performing car in the field.
                "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

Comment

The book on Paul was that he had the skills to run a decent MIPS career, but that was the end of the line. Further, and well...you see the results.

MIPS may end up one of those places where guys like Paul, Jay Drake, Herb, can run Indy-style cars and make a decent living and get their racing kicks at places like the Brickyard all at once without suffering the fate of taking that extra step they shouldn't.

With bigger cash prizes in MIPS next year, this scenario becomes more plausible. MIPS could become a 25-30 car field of guys on the way up, way down, and not-quite-prime timers that results is some pretty damn good racing.

I would say to Paul, put together a decent little MIPS package and win a race or two there and have some fun.

Didn't you leave?
                  -Kaaveh
                  http://www.humansofracing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kaaveh
                    Didn't you leave?
                    Yes. You are right. I did leave. And now I am gone.................but I will be back. I will be back, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan33
                      mabey he needs to go back to baby karts and start over!!
                      Maybe..or mabey in your case, you should try a lap or two on a shifter if you think they are so easy.
                      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

I hope Paul is OK as is the kart.

Indyfan33, I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but frankly you have to be one of the most insulting, opinionated jerks of an insider that posts on this forum. And yes, I do know who you are and no it doesn't worry me that I may offend someone. Sign your name to your posts and then lets see how much of a blowhard you act like on a public forum.

Dan Schlosser
                        Go fast, turn left !
                        www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                        Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

BSJracing i have done more than a lap or to in a shifter also briggs and a 100cc yamaha, i run that track almost 3 to 4 times a week great exercise. if u are in the indy area everyone should try it out the track is awsome and the future track there is going to 100 times better. as for gofastturnleft i am happy u know who i am but i still think u dont!!!!!! as u said its just an opinion just like what think about me is your opinion. i dont have to sign my name cause the people that matter know who i am and it still keeps wankers like u in the dark........ oh wait was that another opinion????
                          INDYFAN33

Comment

Well, you are as clueless as you are arrogant.

Right or wrong, you use the info you have to act like a complete smack off. Amazing how bold anonimity makes people. Of course you can't sign your name to posts though or Dad would have to save your ass most likely.
                            Dan Schlosser
                            Go fast, turn left !
                            www.tracksideonline.com

Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Kaaveh, any website for this place? I've never seen it. Maybe next trip in.....
                              Dan Schlosser
                              Go fast, turn left !
                              www.tracksideonline.com

Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X