X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheldon to Ganassi?

According to the Star

A secret out of the bag?

Indy Racing League champion Dan Wheldon might have slipped this week when asked about a possible defection from Andretti Green Racing, the team with which he won the Indianapolis 500 in May.
    On the subject of possible negotiations with Ganassi Racing, Wheldon said: "I don't know about that. I've been away."
    But when asked about another 2006 option, at Panther Racing, he was definitive: "We haven't talked to them."
    Chip Ganassi said the pursuit of Wheldon "is a good rumor," but Ganassi is a crafty interviewee and is known to covet a winning driver to pair with -- and challenge -- 2003 IRL champion Scott Dixon.
    Mike Hull, the managing director of Ganassi Racing, said Wednesday the team's driver lineup figures to be set "within a few days."
    Whether the dots can be connected to Wheldon is uncertain. But it's worth noting that most driver contracts expire at the end of the month of the final race. In Wheldon's case, that's Monday.

Good way to send his career down the tubes. Unless Chip can get a Honda, Dan better get used to running near the back.
    Randy

"Danica has earned her equipment and her opportunity. It didn't just materialize out of the air. She earned it one piece at a time, starting at 10 years old." Mark Martin

"Life does not imitate art. It imitates bad television." Unidentified TV Talking Head.

Comment

Originally posted by Radny
      Good way to send his career down the tubes. Unless Chip can get a Honda, Dan better get used to running near the back.
      I believe the rumor is that with Wheldon, Chip finally gets Hondas.
      "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

I would love to see it. He's the only AGR guy that I don't loathe.
        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler

AGREED!!!!
          The River Witch by D. Paul Cooley. Available at Barnes and Noble and Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/River-Witch-Pa...e=UTF8&s=books

Comment

i loath at them all

Comment

Guess this makes room for Marco A. at AGR?

Comment

If our champion goes to Target Chip Ganassi in 2006 I'm guessing Honda would be paying his salary? The way former champions and Ganassi employees Alex Zanardi and Juan Pablo Montoya pronounced Chip's name is also a way to describe his spending habits with driver salaries

If Wheldon were to leave AGR, I hope he's taking Honda, Jim Beam & Klein Tools with him to the Panther team. Maybe Pennzoil sticks with Scheckter(?) and my two current favorite IndyCars drivers race on the same team!!!
                "I love Indianapolis. I love the people. I love everything about it....the tradition, the history." - Dan Wheldon

Comment

I heard from someone, and don't know how true it is, that Honda has said they won't supply any team that is under contract to Toyota for 2006. Which makes sense. They may as well force Toyota to stay if they can. They don't really want to be the only manufacturer. And what does everyone have against the AGR guys? Do they kick puppies and steal candy from little kids or something?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCheat
                    I heard from someone, and don't know how true it is, that Honda has said they won't supply any team that is under contract to Toyota for 2006. Which makes sense. They may as well force Toyota to stay if they can. They don't really want to be the only manufacturer. And what does everyone have against the AGR guys? Do they kick puppies and steal candy from little kids or something?
                    Worse. They steal puppies from little kids they kick while eating their candy.
                    "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                    --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
                      That is a classic

Is it May yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by skypigeon
                        Source?
                        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler
                          You and your constant loathing!
                          BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

They kick the candies and eat the puppies.
                            "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by TheCheat
                              And what does everyone have against the AGR guys?
                              I like the AGR guys.

Heck, somebody has to, why not me?

Seriously, AGR is one of my favorite teams, and I think that the backlash just comes from them winning so many races.

But you know it won't last, it never does. Someone will either find a way to outrun them on the track, or they will fall apart from the inside........egos or competition...one or the other will get them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X