San Antonio Baby! Thank you TG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Antonio Baby! Thank you TG!

"SAN ANTONIO -- City and county leaders met Thursday with officials of the Indy Racing League and an investment group to discuss the possibility of Grand Prix racing returning to San Antonio.

Although details are still being worked out, an official announcement may be made in the next 30 to 60 days.

A Grand Prix-style race was last held in the Alamo City in the early 1990s.

"We had a great meeting this morning about some exiciting possibilities for San Antonio," said Tony George, of IRL Racing. "We think that the people who have sort of been putting the thought behind this event here have done a very good job, and create at least a very interesting scenario that we believe could work. And we would be very interested in being a part of. "

http://www.ksat.com/sports/5190593/detail.html

WTF --

"I've been in a lot of cities in my executive positions, especially in racing, and I have yet to see anyone equal the hospitality this city has," said Joe Heitzler, of Holly Hills Investors.
    We flipped our finger to the King of England
    Stole our country from the Indians
    With god on our side and guns in our hands
    We took it for our own!

Comment

Another street race doesn't thrill to me. On the other hand if a city reaches out with an offer it's worth a listen.
      "Moralism is often the first strength of a weak mind"
      -Norman Mailer-

Comment

LOL isn't that weird. A former CART CEO and the IRL hand in hand.

Comment

The sports complex will include an IRL Grand Prix track. So, they are going to build an oval?

Seriously, the direction the league is taking is not favorable to me. Yes, it would add another race, but it would add another RR. I guess I will take the wait and see approach to see how things pan out in the next couple of years.
          16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

Comment

"to discuss the possibility of Grand Prix racing"

This is our image folks.

Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolIRL
              The sports complex will include an IRL Grand Prix track. So, they are going to build an oval?

Seriously, the direction the league is taking is not favorable to me. Yes, it would add another race, but it would add another RR. I guess I will take the wait and see approach to see how things pan out in the next couple of years.
              Well I posted this a few days ago in Splitsville, and I would still like to see it happen even if it meant the replacement of the motorsport park:

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
              Well I'ld be all for a Lausitz-type oval, one with shallow banking and shaped anyway other than a D...and in a new market. South Cental Texas is a good spot.

Comment

Let's see. A former CART person, Tony George and talk of a street race. Ah yes, the vision is becoming clearer by the minute. What a sad state of affairs.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolIRL
                  Not another RR, another Street Race.

Concrete Canyons, Racing Airplanes inside the hangar, Parade, insert your cliche' here.

The only "temporary Circuit" I like is Cleveland, there at least you can pass, survive getting off-line, etc.

Comment

Say goodbye to Texas Motor Speedway...

Comment

Originally posted by inky
                      Say what? TMS is a 8 hour drive from San Antonio, this affects TMS in no way.

Looks like people are digging for D&G to stick to this possible announcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Inky
                        Why? Surely Eddie Gossage is not that childish and wouldn't hose racing fans in the northern part of the state like that, would he?

Why, pray tell, should I say goodbye to TMS? What, precisely, is the problem?

Comment

Another road or street course that I won't watch, what exactly is the difference between the IRL and the old CART?

Comment

Downforce and IRL, you have one volunteer ready and I'll bring friends.

Comment

Thank God i quit caring last year. THe vision is gone and nothing but street racing being added to the series while the ovals begin to say bye bye. Street racers entering the series and no oval drivers can be found.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X