Go, Go, White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go, Go, White Sox

I live in Chicago. We are World Series Champions!!!

Man... I live in Montreal, I was emotional last year when the Red Sox won the World Series (Yankees Never!), but I'm almost as happy that the White Sox won it this year. First time since the Black Sox...

It's time to forgive Shoeless Joe and the other 7 guys I think

Comment

This is as good as it gets, ain't it, NoviV??

Thank you White Sox!!!!!!!!

Comment

What we get rid of is the depressing thoughts. One team hasn't won a series in over 80 years. And the other is approaching 100 years.

Comment

Congrats to the White Sox. Now that the Southside has its monkey off its back, the Cubs are due.
          It's a Hoosier thing, you wouldn't understand...

Comment

While I have not waited the 88 years that the franchise has I have waited since the day I was 8 years old and recieved my Carlton Fisk catchers mit for this to happen.

Funny thing is if I would have taken hold as a Red Sox fan before he left to join the White Sox I could have experienced this last year - but this is better.
            "Remember, your kids can get student loans, but there's no such thing as a retirement loan."

Comment

Last night was F-U-N fun.

Ouch, my head hurts.

GO SOX
              Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

When was the last time that they won? 1917?
                In 1918 the last epidemic of the flu wiped out millions......
                Frightening how the law of averages goes soemtimes! I hope that its not a sign of the times and our overdue status of the flu outbreak.

I still have fond momories of ole Comiskey park, I have been to the new one, but its not quite the same.

Congrats Sox!
                The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

I grew up down the block from SOX PARK and work at Wrigley Gum. My parents still live there. I have rooted for the SOX since the day I was born.

Comment

Sorry Houstonians...

http://harm.net
                    http://CampAndBrew.com

Comment

Something happened during this World Series that probably never happened before. The White Sox won two World Series games in the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by NoviVespa
                        Something happened during this World Series that probably never happened before. The White Sox won two World Series games in the same day.
                        That's a good one - hadn't thought of that.

I've been a White Sox fan my whole life. You thought IRL is in the shadow of Nascar? A similar comparison could be drawn in Chicago.

Hopefully that's about to change.

World Champions!

Comment

Congrats to the White Sox! As a Red Sox fan that went through a similar ride last season, enjoy every minute of it. Shoeless Joe must be smiling somewhere in Iowa.

Comment

To keep everything is prespective and a racing theme, the Cubs last won the whole thing three years before Ray Haroun won the first 500, a year before the track even opened. That my friends is a looong time.

Comment

Today is a great day to be a White Sox fan. I expect tomorrow to be even better... because for the first time since Monday night, I will get a full nights sleep.

Looking back on the playoffs, it should have been obvious that the White Sox would win. They proved that by only losing one game. You can't luck into only losing one game.

It reminds me of the 2004 Indy 500. Looking back, it was obvious Buddy would win. He was on the pole. He won the pitstop competition and he was a crazy man during the race. However, it is watching the event unfold that creates the drama.... drama that has been gripping all White Sox fans for the last month and beyond.

Having the World Series in Chicago makes me envy the folks who live in Indy a little. They have the biggest event of the year in their town EVERY year!
                              "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X