Ryan Briscoe/Wayne Taylor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Briscoe/Wayne Taylor question

Today's Robin Miller http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/20403/ article mentions Ryan Briscoe as possibly getting out of oval racing and only driving on road courses. It also mentions that his agent Wayne Taylor wishes to do that. Is this the same Wayne Taylor who owns and races in the Grand Am Series? Does anyone know?

Originally posted by treadlightly
    Today's Robin Miller http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/20403/ article mentions Ryan Briscoe as possibly getting out of oval racing and only driving on road courses. It also mentions that his agent Wayne Taylor wishes to do that. Is this the same Wayne Taylor who owns and races in the Grand Am Series? Does anyone know?
    Yes, Wayne Taylor that drives in Grand-Am is Ryan Briscoe's agent.
    Being sued for $2.1 BILLION is a serious problem!!

Comment

Originally posted by tripper
      Yes, Wayne Taylor that drives in Grand-Am is Ryan Briscoe's agent.
      Did Briscoe bring any money with him when he went to TCGR? It would explain Chip's recent whining if he is trying to hang onto a paying driver. Just wondering.
      “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Probably a good decision on Ryan's part........ None of the current IRL tracks seemed quite big enough to contain Ryan.......

http://indyroadsters.webs.com/
        http://macmillersgarage.webs.com/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/macmiller46241

I love any race car whose last name is "Special"

Comment

I believe that Briscoe has had a working relationship with Toyota in the past.
          SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
          " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Don't be surprised to see Briscoe in a second Sun Trust Daytona Prototype with Emanuelle Collard.
            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Briscoe was test driver for Toyota in F1, and came to Ganassi as a sort of "development" car for their program in the IRL. I believe that was mostly, if not all, covered by Toyota.

Comment

The impression I got was that Ryan was under contract with Toyota, and they really didn't have a place for him so they sent him to Chips team because they didn't want to pay him for doing nothing.
                "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

thank god.. he was a danger to everyone this season.. im glad he didnt get really hurt this season cause he had no idea what he was doing on the ovals.. The IRL should make a requirement that if a driver has no oval experience that he has to run a few IPS races before he can race on a oval in the big cars..

Comment

I was fairly certain Briscoe's agent/manager is actually Max Angelleli, who is Taylor's teammate? Max also looks after Ricardo Zonta.

Comment

I think that I heard on Speednews or WindTunnel this weekend that Ryan Briscoe, Darren Manning, and a few other drivers were going to be competing for a seat on one of the CCWS teams in the weeks ahead. Sorry I can't recall the details. It was not a "Robing Miller" report, but he could have been the source.
                      Randy

"Danica has earned her equipment and her opportunity. It didn't just materialize out of the air. She earned it one piece at a time, starting at 10 years old." Mark Martin

"Life does not imitate art. It imitates bad television." Unidentified TV Talking Head.

Comment

Originally posted by Radny
                        I think that I heard on Speednews or WindTunnel this weekend that Ryan Briscoe, Darren Manning, and a few other drivers were going to be competing for a seat on one of the CCWS teams in the weeks ahead.
                        They had better have more than two cars if they don't want to go home early.
                        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Rossfeld
                          I was fairly certain Briscoe's agent/manager is actually Max Angelleli, who is Taylor's teammate? Max also looks after Ricardo Zonta.
                          That makes sense, as Max was hanging out with the TCGR gang at Homestead.
                          Proud owner of a Dave DeSpain bobblehead!

Comment

Originally posted by mac miller
                            Probably a good decision on Ryan's part........ None of the current IRL tracks seemed quite big enough to contain Ryan.......
                            Neither did the road courses.....
                            I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Didn't anybody read the last sentence of the article?
                              "We are all speeding toward our deaths at 60 minutes an hour." Sid Collins on Race Day, 1964

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X