Emma Dixon is Howlin Mad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emma Dixon is Howlin Mad

Fellas our Queen is pissed. Whats going on at Ganassi? Dixon is my boy, and I hate seeing this uncharacteristic mediocrity. Hopefully the fortunes turn later this May for the Big Enchilada

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 6.43.57 PM.png

Originally posted by BuckheadIndy View Post

Fellas our Queen is pissed. Whats going on at Ganassi? Dixon is my boy, and I hate seeing this uncharacteristic mediocrity. Hopefully the fortunes turn later this May for the Big Enchilada

Screen Shot 2022-05-13 at 6.43.57 PM.png
    It’s pretty simple. Lots of people do not want to hear this, but Scott Dixon is getting older and Alex Palou is clearly a better driver right now. This doesn’t mean Dixon can’t still win a race or two, especially the Indianapolis 500, but he’s not the same driver as he was a few years ago.

Comment

Love Palou, but def don't want to hear that. Dixon is the GOAT (of the modern generation)

Comment

Originally posted by BuckheadIndy View Post
        Love Palou, but def don't want to hear that. Dixon is the GOAT (of the modern generation)
        I agree that Scott Dixon is the GOAT of this generation, but Alex Palou is clearly the better driver right now.

Comment

Eventually, everyone's talent begins to decline. Scott Dixon may never again win an Indycar race. I hope I am wrong. I will be rooting for him to win the 500 this year.
          Indy, Cleveland, Mid-Ohio, Pocono, Michigan, Long Beach, Watkins Glen, Kentucky, Milwaukee, Road America, Iowa, Gateway, IRP - 72

Comment

Originally posted by ay1 View Post

I agree that Scott Dixon is the GOAT of this generation, but Alex Palou is clearly the better driver right now.
            I was at 2022 Long Beach GP, & got video of the Ganassi pit just before the race. You can see the HPD engineers (many of them female) doing last minute checks

https://vimeo.com/698709722

Alex Palou made an appearance

After the race, I spoke with Mike Cannon (Ganassi engineer, for Scott Dixon?), We were talking about drivers

"Once this driver came along, the car;'came alive' "

Remember when Mike Cannon became engineer at FCR (Forsythe Championship Racing), AJ Almendinger got TWO straight wins!

"If you don't have good engineering, you're just driving around"
            -- Katherine Legge, private communication

[ she called me from Switzerland, where she was racing DTM (after leaving Champcar) ]

BTW, I ran into Katherine (driving for Hardpoint Racing in IMSA GTD) at the autograph sessions -- Long Beach GP & IMSA Laguna Seca race (Apr 29 - May 1).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chimpa...77720298328720

an, she has really carved out a career for herself! SHe knows how to "take care of business"..

Comment

Originally posted by chimpanzee View Post

I was at 2022 Long Beach GP, & got video of the Ganassi pit just before the race. You can see the HPD engineers (many of them female) doing last minute checks

https://vimeo.com/698709722

Alex Palou made an appearance

After the race, I spoke with Mike Cannon (Ganassi engineer, for Scott Dixon?), We were talking about drivers

"Once this driver came along, the car;'came alive' "

Remember when Mike Cannon became engineer at FCR (Forsythe Championship Racing), AJ Almendinger got TWO straight wins!

"If you don't have good engineering, you're just driving around"
              -- Katherine Legge, private communication

[ she called me from Switzerland, where she was racing DTM (after leaving Champcar) ]

BTW, I ran into Katherine (driving for Hardpoint Racing in IMSA GTD) at the autograph sessions -- Long Beach GP & IMSA Laguna Seca race (Apr 29 - May 1).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/chimpa...77720298328720

an, she has really carved out a career for herself! SHe knows how to "take care of business"..

Kat is a true Lady. Love that gal.

Comment

Giving credit when credit is do... Scott Dixon is clearly the best driver currently in the NTT IndyCar Series, no matter what his age is, period.

Comment

Dixon talking the Indy Car in January: “It's not particularly fast, it's not particularly nimble, it's very heavy, there's not a whole lot of grip, and some of the circuits that we go to are very low-grip, as well…

Indy Car: "Enough from you old man!"

On a more serious note. I wonder if Dixon is trying out some of Palou's set ups and it isn't working for him. There were rumors that for years the teammates to Dixon had to drive their cars according to Dixon's set ups. Maybe Dixon is getting a taste of his own medicine. Not saying this is true but would be poetic justice if it was.
                  "In IndyCar, no one makes money. It's just great, pure racing." - Sebastien Bourdais

Comment

Dixon only worries about Dixon. If a decision was made on setups going from Dixon to his fellow teammates then that was made by Ganassi.

Comment

Nobody stays fast forever. Scottie is still a great driver but age and new cars that aren't what he built his career on (see: Jimmie Johnson in Cup) eventually getcha.

Comment

PTI: "Father Time is undefeated."

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke View Post
                          PTI: "Father Time is undefeated."
                          Unless you're Emma Davies Dixon, she still looks 25.

Comment

It's the exact same car that Scott won the opening four races and the championship with two years ago. This isn't a failure to adjust to the aeroscreen or something of that nature. Either Scott has lost his mojo or Scott's engineers have lost the plot.

Comment

Me says Scott will win again this year.

Emma needs to put a cork in it.
                              Greatest Spectacle in Racing :nod:

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X