Yet another Danica thread, but an optimistic one for the IRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Danica thread, but an optimistic one for the IRL

People, including me, have called Danica a Midpacker. Which, of course is an accurate assesment of somebody who finished 12th out of 22 full time drivers and usually runs in the 6-10 spots during the race. But, that's not so bad, is it? Especially for a true rookie. Personally, I don't mean it as an insult. Consider who the top 10 drivers are at any given time, during just about any race. Just look at the top 12 drivers in points to see who finished ahead of her.

1 Dan Wheldon 628
    2 Tony Kanaan 548
    3 Sam Hornish Jr. 512
    4 Dario Franchitti 498
    5 Scott Sharp 444
    6 Helio Castroneves 440
    7 Vitor Meira 422
    8 Bryan Herta 397
    9 Tomas Scheckter 390
    10 Patrick Carpentier 376
    11 Alex Barron 329
    12 Danica Patrick 325

Not bad company if I don't say so myself. Who's the worst driver there (not including Danica)? Which brings me to my point. Sure, Wheldon ran away with the Championship and Kanaan did it last year too. Sure, the IRL has it's share of backmarker teams and drivers. But the front of the field is pretty darn deep. Put a competitive engine in the RBGR team cars and everybody on that list has a legit shot at a win on any given day. Who knows, if the engine situation pans out, how many different winners will we get next year. They had 8 this year, right? Plus, there were no first time winners this year, showing how tough it is to win in the IRL these days. No wonder ratings were up so much at the end of the year, the rest of the field gave those brought in by Danica a reason to stick around.

I now leave you to your reguarly scheduled Doom, Gloom and Danica Bashing.
    It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

Nice post
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Actually I am more impressed with Alex Barron. He doesn't have Honda or even a Chevy and he still placed 11th. Danica does have Honda power behind her. Where oh were is Buddy (Boy what a bad year for the reigning Indy champ).
      Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X