• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mecachrome news?

Looking to be in a different capacity in the IRL

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns15837.html

Thanks, a nice way to start my day.
    The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
        BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

I have a Cheever 2005 Media Guide which labels Cheever as the CEO of Mecachrome USA. Does anyone know if this still stands?

Comment

Maybe although their website doesn't show a US facility. The English side isn't completely done but taking the French text and running it through Babelfish gives you this:

To adopt an organisational structure impressed of flexibility and dynamism. To have the capacity quickly to integrate and control the new ways of making and new technologies. To counter the inertias and to leave the beaten paths. Here what makes it possible Mechachrome to put in?uvre the solutions who will be able to fill the totality of your particular needs. Our ambition: to deploy a network of installations to ensure a continuous access to the advanced technologies and an expertise highly specialized in order to take up the challenges that you subject to us, whatever are nature and complexity. Mechachrome counts some 10 installations, including development and research centers, and more than 2000 specialized employees divided on the continents European and North-American. This network of installations of first level calls upon the most recent equipment as regards manufacture, of machining and assembly. It gathers in particular 400 machines with numerical controls of very high degree of accuracy and at high speed.

Comment

I know the Mecachrome USA office was located at the Bank One Building in Indianapolis on the 32nd floor. Don't know if they continue to maintain that office or not.

Comment

Well, I've seen Mr. Cheever in the Bank One building recently, so I would say the office is still there.

Comment

Okay. One of you in Indianapolis. Run over there and see if the lights are on. If so, poke your head in and ask them if they're going to build IRL engines.

I'd go, but I'm in Nevada today.

Comment

In my purely speculative mind, I'm putting pieces together. Mecachrome working with the Toyota engines. With Penske and Ganassi rumored to be moving over to the Honda engine, Cheever becomes the #1 Toyota Team. (I'm not sure that's a good thing, but the team needs the money). Pat Carpentier remains with the Mecachrome sponsorship. While putting a few more grey hairs on Cheever's head, Ryan Briscoe moves over with the Toyota. Twenty people get their jobs back. A new sign goes up over the Cheever shop, and all is happy in Cheeverville.

Comment

Originally posted by treadlightly
                      In my purely speculative mind, I'm putting pieces together. Mecachrome working with the Toyota engines. With Penske and Ganassi rumored to be moving over to the Honda engine, Cheever becomes the #1 Toyota Team. (I'm not sure that's a good thing, but the team needs the money). Pat Carpentier remains with the Mecachrome sponsorship. While putting a few more grey hairs on Cheever's head, Ryan Briscoe moves over with the Toyota. Twenty people get their jobs back. A new sign goes up over the Cheever shop, and all is happy in Cheeverville.
                      Would Honda have to agree to Toyota badging on the Cosworth? I thought Chevy had to get manufactorer approval when it switched from it's internal engine.

Comment

Originally posted by tcsparky
                        Would Honda have to agree to Toyota badging on the Cosworth? I thought Chevy had to get manufactorer approval when it switched from it's internal engine.
                        I think that was more of an issue of substituting an engine that was different from the one originally submitted and approved by the IRL. It was one of those practical, but embarrassing moments where they needed a third competitive car.

If I have a chance, I will see if the lights are on tomorrow at Mecachrome. Does anyone know the origin of their name? I keep humming a Paul Simon song whenever I see their name in print.

The lights were on at Cheever's shop the last time I passed it.
                        Last edited by WheelerDealer; 10-25-2005, 04:16 PM. Reason: Correct spelling
                        “Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius.” -- Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X