Two wide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two wide

Sitting here in the cold Indiana night, remembering Sam's two wide run with Sebastian B. this May. IF SB would have had some experience, the season could have been much different.

Sam (and the others) run two wide at 10+ events a year. I hope the one-off's do a little testing this winter.

Dizz Fan
    "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

"It's not my fault" ~ Danica

I watched the CCWS Las Vegas race and Bourdais held his line, unless someone ran next to him, then he would try and put them into the wall!!

The guy is a very good race car driver on road courses, but he is very dangerous on ovals, he seems to drive them like a road course, as he weaves and blocks to keep faster cars behind him.

Comment

I'm with you Dizz. At the same time, I hope Sam is a little more aware of who is beside him. You can't trust everyone on the track with you, and the drifting move that SeaBass made should not have been expected.
      He'll know who to corner with in the future.
      When I Peak, you win.

Comment

From what I remember Sam's problem was a very nasty push.
        He nearly got the wall in 4 a few laps before without anyone inside him.
        Did SeaBass crowd him? I don't really know, but I think real problem in this case was Sam being a tad too aggressive for his cars handling at the time.
        "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
        - RUSH, Freewill, Permanent Waves (1980)

Comment

Originally posted by c7
          Did SeaBass crowd him? I don't really know, but I think real problem in this case was Sam being a tad too aggressive for his cars handling at the time.
          Good point. That might have been a problem for him at Fontana too when he nearly hit Wheldon.

Comment

I think Hornish has inherited the dreaded Andretti curse at Indy.
            The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

He might have pushed or been pushing, but there is no way he had enough room on the exit to negotiate. If he makes it to the short chute SB and he are both out.
              Lesson learned for Sam I guess...here's hoping the one-offs learn also.

They (one-offs) come to Indy with great equipment, loads of money, and hopes of stealing the thunder (again)...only today, they have better competition, and superior drivers with superior experience (for the most part). Let's all hope for great weather next May and lots of practice time.

Dizz Fan
              "There's no doubt he (Herta) spun on purpose," said Dan Wheldon, …one of the Andretti Green Racing mechanics confessed he was "ashamed" that his team resorted to those tactics.

Comment

Why not just get rid of one offs at Indy if it is such a huge safety concern? Or improve enforcment of the rules? Isn't blocking illegal on the ovals?
                Thanks Downforce!

Comment

Originally posted by c7
                  Did SeaBass crowd him?
                  Yes. A buddy of I were watching from high in Turn 1. The cars went into the turn, Bourdais moved up, Sam moved to avoid contact and the car took off. We both instantly looked at each other and said, 'He pushed him right in the wall.' If Bourdais had held his line, Sam goes by and maybe gets his face on the B-W.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Wilke
                    Yes. A buddy of I were watching from high in Turn 1. The cars went into the turn, Bourdais moved up, Sam moved to avoid contact and the car took off. We both instantly looked at each other and said, 'He pushed him right in the wall.' If Bourdais had held his line, Sam goes by and maybe gets his face on the B-W.
                    Funny thing is that Bourdais probably doesn't think he did anything wrong ... really not
                    that funny.

Comment

what do you expect from a French champ car driver?
                      "Paff has been closer to the mark than anyone will give him credit for."

Richard Kimble 11/18/2010

"Paff is far more right than any of you will EVER give him credit for.

As non politically correct and un IndyCar friendly as it is, it's the truth. "

SeeuInMay 12/29/2010

Comment

Ive watched that incident more times than i can count. Sam got high and hit the wall. Bourdais didnt seem to have anything to do with it, imo.

Then again, i dont say things like "what do you expect from a French champ car driver?", so take my opinion with a grain of "hey, he respects a good race driver" salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygni
                          Ive watched that incident more times than i can count. Sam got high and hit the wall. Bourdais didnt seem to have anything to do with it, imo.

Then again, i dont say things like "what do you expect from a French champ car driver?", so take my opinion with a grain of "hey, he respects a good race driver" salt.
                          I agree.

It does seem like this however (much like the Bruno-Quatro deal). The IRL fans are siding with Sam (AJIV) while the pro CC antagonists are on the side of Sea Bass, Bruno.

I'd have to see the Sea Bass-Sam deal again to say something.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygni
                            Do this, if you have time..watch it one more time...and look at SB's line on the exit (or driving into the short chute). His car is 1-2 feet from the wall. If Sam "didn't get high", where was he supposed to put his racecar on the exit?

Remember...as you'll see, they are side-by-side in the apex, and perhaps Sam is gaining just slightly b4 the crash.

IMHO, it's a pretty easy call, SB just didn't know he was there, or should I say "still" there...

Dizz Fan

Comment

Sam always seems to run higher than most. He Said "I gave him all the room I could then I ran out of room". If Sam was one of those other guys He would have had a meeting with SEAbass before He hit the wall then both would have cars on the wrecker!
                              aXe
                              Born Again Race Fan seen at
                              www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X