Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just ordered a set of Indy 500 tires for my car

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just ordered a set of Indy 500 tires for my car

    My Eclipse will look great with those tires and my IRL sticker on the back window..

  • #2
    Originally posted by Chris Paff
    My Eclipse will look great with those tires and my IRL sticker on the back window..
    Don't laugh... when I was in high school at Speedway the package to have was a Meyers dune buggy with a Porsche or Corvair turbo motor shod with Indy Goodyears.

    There weren't alot of dunes in central Indiana back then but the buggies were real popular.

    "Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
    I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Whosyer-Sparkplug
      Don't laugh... when I was in high school at Speedway the package to have was a Meyers dune buggy with a Porsche or Corvair turbo motor shod with Indy Goodyears.

      There weren't alot of dunes in central Indiana back then but the buggies were real popular.


      Oh wait...you said not to laugh...


      Chris...are they white or um...yellow letters? I'm thinking about a set for our Trailblazer when it's time.
      ...---...

      Comment


      • #4
        i believe they are white.. my tires are on order right now.. next tuesday i will get them installed..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Whosyer-Sparkplug
          Don't laugh... when I was in high school at Speedway the package to have was a Meyers dune buggy with a Porsche or Corvair turbo motor shod with Indy Goodyears.

          There weren't alot of dunes in central Indiana back then but the buggies were real popular.
          When I was in college, a buddy and I put a Corvair engine into a VW bus. The one we used was the NA version with 4 carbs on it but we swapped those out for Webers of some kind and then stuck a cam and lifters in it, bored it 60 over. Gave us around 175 hp where 36 had been...... Lotsa fun, pull the wheels about a foot in the air at a stop light.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jim Wilke
            When I was in college, a buddy and I put a Corvair engine into a VW bus. The one we used was the NA version with 4 carbs on it but we swapped those out for Webers of some kind and then stuck a cam and lifters in it, bored it 60 over. Gave us around 175 hp where 36 had been...... Lotsa fun, pull the wheels about a foot in the air at a stop light.
            In homage of the Lil' Red Wagon?

            "Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
            I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

            Comment


            • #7
              Well you buy me a Honda and i will.. Come on im in college and working part time.. Indyknut where can you find a Cosworth at?

              Comment


              • #8
                Wait a minute, if you're using Indy 500 tires, what will you do if it rains?

                It's impossible, that's sure. So let's start working.- Phillipe Petit

                Talent borrows, Genius steals. - Pablo Picasso

                Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Bombardier R142
                  Wait a minute, if you're using Indy 500 tires, what will you do if it rains?

                  go to class... hey I can still remember what college was like.

                  Only one time I made the mistake of walking past the Biology classroom with my skateboard in hand when I was suppose to be in that class. I learned to plan my routes better after that. College was a good place to learn.

                  "Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                  I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've had three different vehicles that I have shod in those Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. Great ride, mileage, and minimal tread wear.

                    Now driving a Tahoe and they don't have a size for that. I was really dissapointed.

                    You should be very pleased with your purchase.
                    Have attended: Indy 500 (34), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (4), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This thread is useless without pics....

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by damilt
                        I've had three different vehicles that I have shod in those Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 tires. Great ride, mileage, and minimal tread wear.

                        Now driving a Tahoe and they don't have a size for that. I was really dissapointed.

                        You should be very pleased with your purchase.
                        Damlit -

                        I have the white letter Indy 500 Firehawks on my 2001 Tahoe.
                        "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Here I thought they were talking about actual tires used at the track.

                          That's what people were putting on their dune buggies back in the late 60s.

                          "Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                          I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Whosyer-Sparkplug
                            Here I thought they were talking about actual tires used at the track.

                            That's what people were putting on their dune buggies back in the late 60s.
                            Here it is...

                            "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by mattndallas
                              Here it is...

                              I know what those are I guess I just thought that Chris' Eclipse was one of them JDM tuner Eclipses.

                              The wider tire there on Roger's Left is what kids were putting on their dune buggies back in `67.



                              See there was a little tread back then but you still didn't want to run your buggy in the rain since most didn't have tops and those who did were mostly just for shade.

                              BTW that picture was taken in 1964. the tire on roger's right was the 1963 Firestones... the other was the new tire for 1964.

                              "Ooh woo, I'm a Rebel just for kicks, now
                              I been feeling it since 1966, now..."

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X