X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downforce Banquet

Way to go Tommy, good job!!
    Thanks to all who put it together.
    "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

More Details Don't be shy to rub in how much fun you had for the people who couldn't go.
    "Ninety-two years ago [the Indy 500] was probably like any other race," said 2005 winner Dan Wheldon. "But over time it's just created so many storylines and history for people of our generation that now it's just massive. People value that history and tradition and you just can't take that away."

Comment

Glad that you had a good time, but is that all the details we get?

...and why aren't you still out whooping it up with everyone?

I think this is the first one I've missed in the last 4-5 years.

http://harm.net
      http://CampAndBrew.com

Comment

Tonight was great! Jaques Lazier, Jimmy Kite, Chris Festa, Arie Jr and Nick Bussell showed up. Fred Nation was there as well. Arie won Most Popular Driver Award for the IPS for the third straight year and Danica won on the ICS side. We had nice video footage of the race season and DownForce season. We even had a video of Danica thanking us fans for voting her for the award and that she was sorry that she couldn't be there. Melissa Guse won Volunteer of the Year and the leadership gave an award to Tony George who planned to be there but couldn't make it so Fred Nation accepted for him. Tommy's jokes were great, Jaques starting crying on one of them because they were so good! Nick Bussell stayed until the end which was awesome and Arie stayed as long as he could until it was close to the time to meet up with Wade and Dixon. Party ended at 10pm and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. Look for pictures about the banquet on the IRL site next week sometime as two IRL photographers were there.

Comment

Awesome gathering of race fans. Thanks to all who put the program together. You did a great job. And to the drivers who showed up, thanks for taking the time to be with us. We all enjoyed and appreciated it. Tommy, you did great job.

Comment

Pretty cool evening. Good job Tommy! My camera flunked up on me so I got no pics, darn memory cards thangies. It was awesome to talk with Jimmie Kite again, I hadnt seen him for 2-3 years and had time to chat.

Met some wonderful people.

Im up in NW Ind headin for bed and up in a couple of hours to chase the elusive Steelhead!

I won a Downforce shirt, I havent worn a size S since 5th grade!
            The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by Plectraholica
              Pretty cool evening. Good job Tommy! My camera flunked up on me so I got no pics, darn memory cards thangies. It was awesome to talk with Jimmie Kite again, I hadnt seen him for 2-3 years and had time to chat.

Met some wonderful people.

Im up in NW Ind headin for bed and up in a couple of hours to chase the elusive Steelhead!

I won a Downforce shirt, I havent worn a size S since 5th grade!
              I was hoping to meet you. I found out that I am a spotter tonight. Actually Tommy made a boo boo on his notes and meant to put scorer. Arie was about ready to hire me as his new spotter. I wasn't hard to find. We were the bunch of girls hanging with Nick and Arie. Arie and I kept hanging on each other that people asked if we were dating a few times. I was like nah just good friends.

Comment

Originally posted by GlennH
                Glad that you had a good time, but is that all the details we get?

...and why aren't you still out whooping it up with everyone?

I think this is the first one I've missed in the last 4-5 years.
                Sorry, thanks to jrandrew00 for providing details and what happened later. When one brings their 80 year old parents they have to usually leave early.
                "You just don't know what Indy Means", Al Unser Jr.

"That's why to me it does feel more precious when an American wins it...", Michael Andretti

Comment

Thanks for having a great program. We enjoyed the program and meeting a few people of like minds. Thanks to the drivers who were there - the others missed a great time by being occupied elsewhere. I hope it continues to become a MUST BE THERE event at the end of the year for all.

Again congrats to the organizers of this event. Tommy - great job - and congrats on your "appointment." I need one of those plates for my vehicle.
                  Witnessed Mario's "Miracle at Indy"...Watched 3 win their 4th Indy 500...Was there for Petty's 200th win...Saw the last Novi qualify

Comment

I got the feeling that Danica standing them up for her award did not go over well with some.

We were sitting with Arie jr and that was really cool he was pretty funny.
                    He told all about his go carting adventures earlier in the day..

They should have just taped Jaques name over Danica's and gave him the award.

As many punches he took last night it would have been funny if he would have put some black stuff on his eye and told everyone she said she didn't hit me!

Great time last night and it was nice to meet you Tommy D and I will make a better effort next year to stop by C&B.
                    I am blessed to have witnessed "The Greatest Spectacle In Racing" 50 times!

Comment

Congratulations goes out to Danica on her award. And, in all fairness, getting married is pretty important in a girls life. Best wishes to her and husband.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Red
                        I got the feeling that Danica standing them up for her award did not go over well with some.

We were sitting with Arie jr and that was really cool he was pretty funny.
                        He told all about his go carting adventures earlier in the day..

They should have just taped Jaques name over Danica's and gave him the award.

As many punches he took last night it would have been funny if he would have put some black stuff on his eye and told everyone she said she didn't hit me!

Great time last night and it was nice to meet you Tommy D and I will make a better effort next year to stop by C&B.
                        That was you at the table with Arie! I should of introduced myself to you and your family sorry about that. I was just rushed all night and I was nervous as heck before I presented the VOY award. I wrote the speech an hour before heading to the Brickyard while we were eating lunch.

Comment

Last night was awesome!!! My hats off to the people at the IRL and the Downforce board for a great evening.

I also want to thank the drivers for coming out last night, especially those who came from out of town. They were all very nice, posed for photos with fans, and chatted with everyone. Big thanks to Nick for closing the place down with us girls!!!

Last night gave us a chance to get together with all of our track friends and have one last evening of fun. I'll post some of the photos later. All I'm going to say is that they shouldn't have ever let us girls up on the stage, especially with drivers!!!!

Tommy was also great!!! As always, we all appreciate all his efforts. Can't wait till next year.
                          So Many Drivers, So Little Time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PitPansey
                            Last night was awesome!!! My hats off to the people at the IRL and the Downforce board for a great evening.

I also want to thank the drivers for coming out last night, especially those who came from out of town. They were all very nice, posed for photos with fans, and chatted with everyone. Big thanks to Nick for closing the place down with us girls!!!

Last night gave us a chance to get together with all of our track friends and have one last evening of fun. I'll post some of the photos later. All I'm going to say is that they shouldn't have ever let us girls up on the stage, especially with drivers!!!!

Tommy was also great!!! As always, we all appreciate all his efforts. Can't wait till next year.
                            I can agree on the stage thing Heidi. I thought it was so cool that he (Nick) stayed. He met up with the guys last night after he left.

I do have a message for everyone that attended from Arie Jr. He said thanks for voting him as most popular for the third time in a row. He didn't think he would win but he did. He had a great time at the banquet as well.

Comment

Here are some of the photos I promised. Sorry, girls there were to cute to pass up.

So Many Drivers, So Little Time!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X