Medical Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Updates

Three prominent names in Open Wheel racing have been under the knife recently, artist Ron Burton, technical director Mike Devin, and four time 500 winner Al Unser.

Burton had experienced serious heart disfunctions and is now off medication and looking and feeling very well.

Devin suffered two serious anyurisms in vessels behind his stomach and heart. The surgery went extremely well and he is now home in recovery, closely watched by his wife Wanda.

Unser, on his way to the season finale in California, began feeling poorly and was remanded to hospital in his hometown of Albuquerque for treatment of accute pancreatitis caused by the gall bladder. He was subsequently surgically treated by removal of the gall bladder and medications for the pancreatitis. He is now at home recovering.
    Last edited by Len Ashburn; 10-22-2005, 11:03 AM. Reason: error

:d
    "I think of Indianapolis every day of the year, every hour of the day, and when I sleep, too. Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I love it all, from the first to the last day in May. The moment that race starts is always the greatest moment of my life, and the day I win that race, it will be as if my life has ended. There is nothing more I could want out of life."
    - Eddie Sachs."

Comment

Originally posted by Len Ashburn
      and three time 500 winner Al Unser.

Apparently they removed one of his 500 wins as well
      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing
        No wonder he felt sick.
        Chicago Blackhawks done didn't do it again!

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing
          That's the funniest thing I've ever heard here. Thanks.

jp
          "The track will choose who's going to win."

Tony Kanaan

Comment

Thanks for the update!

Hope all recover fully and get back to whatever they wanna get back to doing.
            "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

These three specifically at the same time? Oh, the irony...

Originally posted by Len Ashburn
              He was subsequently surgically treated by removal of the gall bladder and medications for the pancreatitis. He is now at home recovering.
              So this was moved up from the scheduled Monday date, then?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X