Vitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitor

Talking to all teams, looking at all possibilities - and according to Curt Cavin in today's Indy Star, Panther may be a possibility with help from his Menard ties.

Rahal says the #17 car was a finacial loss last year and they likely won't be willing to take a loss again this year. THAT, my friends, will be RAHAL'S loss.
    Last edited by damilt; 10-21-2005, 09:57 AM.
    Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Here is the link

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...510210461/1052

Comment

If Panther can run Tomas and Vitor next year with Honda motors.That could be a tough team to beat.The more experience Tomas gets,the smarter he is.He seems to keep the speed and eliminate the forced errors.
      Vitor is fast also and doesn't crash cars for no reason.

Comment

You put Scheckter in a Honda powered car, he will be tough to beat, period! I hope Panther is smart enough to keep him!
        16th and Georgetown, the greatest place on EARTH!!!

Comment

Vitor is a nice guy and a talented driver who brings zero to the IRL in terms of growing the popularity of the league.

He has shown he has the skill to drive the car but until the teams figure out that they need someone who has the complete package (ie talented on the track and popular off of it) we will always be way behind Nascar.
          If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by ovals rule
            Vitor is a nice guy and a talented driver who brings zero to the IRL in terms of growing the popularity of the league.

He has shown he has the skill to drive the car but until the teams figure out that they need someone who has the complete package (ie talented on the track and popular off of it) we will always be way behind Nascar.
            Sadly, I agree with this ascesment/asessment/assessment [??? oh hell...I can't spell, ok] entirely. I say "sadly," because Vitor is a VERY nice guy and, IMO, a very talented driver, and I think there should be room in the field for guys like him. They shouldn't all have to be rock stars or princesses to get a ride, but I have to agree that the IRL needs more such people if it is ever going to challenge NSACAR in a popularity contest.

Comment

Originally posted by OldSchoolIRL
              You put Scheckter in a Honda powered car, he will be tough to beat, period! I hope Panther is smart enough to keep him!
              Hey, the chevy engines had plenty of power this year.

Comment

I find this news disturbing, but not surprising. Perhaps it is time to revisit Brazil during the race calender? I know some have issues with going international and the presence of international drivers, but someone with the skill and personality of Vitor really deserves his place on the grid. If visiting Brazil would bring sponsorship and a greater fan base from Vitor's and TK's home country maybe its worth a thought?

And what happened to Buddy? Before and after his accident Buddy was inconsistent, with a 2nd and 3rd place finish along with a few high qualifying spots together with a greater number of finishes down the starting order. He sure wasn't the Buddy from 2004.

And then consider teammate Danica, who had a better season than Buddy but a season below Vitor's. So where is the value of on-track performance when the team's best driver of the most recent year is looking for a ride? IMO that stinks, and I don't care about sponsorship value. ######### the fastest, most consistent driver shouldn't be in this position!

http://www.indyracing.com/stats/supp...ver_points.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
                  . If visiting Brazil would bring sponsorship and a greater fan base from Vitor's and TK's home country maybe its worth a thought?
                  Don't forget that other under acheiver from Brazil...Helio whatshisname...
                  Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by BSJracing
                    Don't forget that other under acheiver from Brazil...Helio whatshisname...
                    Oh yeah! And there's another guy, Thiagos something.

Comment

How can you be a race winner and still underachieve?

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                        I believe that was in jest because I didn't mention Helio, at least I took it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                          Yeah, sorry, I have a really sarcastic sense of humor, some people don't get it..
                          Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by SportscarBruce
                            And then consider teammate Danica, who had a better season than Buddy but a season below Vitor's. So where is the value of on-track performance when the team's best driver of the most recent year is looking for a ride? IMO that stinks, and I don't care about sponsorship value. ######### the fastest, most consistent driver shouldn't be in this position!

http://www.indyracing.com/stats/supp...ver_points.pdf
                            How many races has Vitor won?
                            I know Buddy had an "off" year but he has won 3 or 4 races over the last few years including the "big one".

Any chance part of the problem with the team was the addtional car? They did mention that it was run as a loss so did they have all the people to really do it properly?
                            If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

That is difficult to answer without first-hand info but very interesting nonetheless. Buddy sure impressed me in '04 and why his performance fell..?

It is hard to imagine that Buddy would get less attention than Vitor but I guess anything is possible.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X