Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Bull leaving cheever?

Did I miss something?
    Today I was in Indy and drove past the Cheever headquaters and noticed that the Red Bull part of the sign was taken off the building. So did red bull leave or is something else going on???

Yeah, Red Bull's gone from Cheever. Eddie said it himself in an ESPN interview during the California race.
    If I were Ed Carpenter and you were a lady...

Comment

It may have been announced earlier, but Eddie Cheever definitely acknowledged in an interview during Sunday's Fontana race broadcast that Red Bull will no longer be sponsoring his IndyCar team.

Something about wanting to focus on F1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken-Paul
        It may have been announced earlier, but Eddie Cheever definitely acknowledged in an interview during Sunday's Fontana race broadcast that Red Bull will no longer be sponsoring his IndyCar team.

Something about wanting to focus on F1.

Correct, Red Bull now owns two F-1 teams.
        Red Bull Racing - Former Jaguar team purchased after 2004 season.
        Red Bull Racing Italy (or something to that extent) - Confirmed a few weeks ago that Red Bull would buy the Minardi F-1 team after the end of the 2005 season. There is a chance American Scott Speed could wind up here. Speed will definitely be a Friday driver for one of the Red Bull teams.

Comment

This is so sad. I hate seeing this happen to that team. It was written 20 employees were laid-off on Thursday morning. Employers agonize over these decisions. And I'm sure Cheever did too. Wish I would have won that darn Powerball jackpot. At least I could have saved 20 jobs. Indiana can't afford more people standing in the unemployment line. Sometimes this business of racing stinks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X