No announcement yet.

Anthony Foyt- lucky to be out of IRL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Foyt- lucky to be out of IRL...

IV seemed to be a great young man. That said, this young man lacked the talent to be in the IRL. Early on, it became very obvious that he was in way over his head. I'm very happy that Anthony is out of the series without a serious injury. He was a ticking bomb and it was just a matter of time before something bad happened.

Originally posted by Bryan_Weber
    That said, this young man lacked the talent to be in the IRL. Early on, it became very obvious that he was in way over his head.
    I don't think he had a decent opportunity.

Hopefully in Nascar he will.
    Road racing is doomed...what this country needs is a big new racetrack designed for automobiles instead of horses. C.G. Fisher

Comment

with Akins he will be in a great Busch ride, they are under the Evernham umbrella, hopefullly akins will still be associated with NBS 24/7 again
      "I think of Indianapolis every day of the year, every hour of the day, and when I sleep, too. Everything I ever wanted in my life, I found inside the walls of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. I love it all, from the first to the last day in May. The moment that race starts is always the greatest moment of my life, and the day I win that race, it will be as if my life has ended. There is nothing more I could want out of life."
      - Eddie Sachs."

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation

My sentiments as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygni
          My sentiments as well.
          ditto
          God speed!

Comment

My sentiments as well.

Wow...I'm agreeing with Cygni

But I think we'll never know if Anthony had the talent or not in the IRL unless he comes back with another team, and I love AJ as much as anyone but the team held him back from seeing if he had the talent or not.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

My sentiments as well.
              Bryan and Cygni have said what I've said before.

Good luck in Nascar. I do hope Quatro does well as a former open wheel guy.

Comment

Does anybody know if he plans to run Indy 500 2006?
                He should continue Foyts tradition. Atleast participate every year. Wins will come later.

I look forward to watch my first BUSCH race of the season. The season is not over yet
                "The IRL has let me down.... 2002 was the last year of the IRL... They pushed out the guys that they created the sport for..." - Billy Boat

Comment

one word...Larry Foyt

Comment

Give A.J. IV a good ride away from Gramps and I think he'll do well. I'm disappointed he went to NASCAR. It is the IRL's loss. I wish he had changed teams and stayed in the IRL, perhaps it was easier for him to say to Gramps, I'm going Bush racing with...instead of I'm still going to be Indy racing, but not with you.

JMHO
                    Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

Guys, Foyt IV has spent the last couple of years trying to knock down every wall in the IRL. It isn't that he was off the pace, he makes unforced errors that put his car in the wall.

Roger Penske hired Rick Mears out of a junk ride because he saw a young man that did the most with the equipment he was given. John Barnes hired Sam Hornish for the same reason. Anthony had a less than average ride and then tried to knock the fence down with it every weekend. Had it not been for Grandpa, he would have never moved beyond club racing. He's a polite and nice young man that lacks the talent to be in the IRL. Just like I never had the talent to play professional football or baseball, Anthony lacks the talent to compete at this level.

Don't expect a Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon out of IV in NASCAR. IV doesn't have the experience to carry their helmet bags when you compare him to them when they made the move.

Comment

I always liked the kid, but he never really seemed over-enthusiastic about being in an Indy car. Perhaps that's just his way...I don't know him at all.

I hope he gets some quality seat time and returns to the series in a few years.
                        ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Saw150
                          one word...Larry Foyt
                          Speaking of which. From Jayski:

Larry Foyt Busch team UPDATE: Larry Foyt has partnered with David Tomasello, owner of a North Carolina-based apparel business, to form Foyt Racing L.L.C. The new team plans to field cars in the NASCAR Busch Series in 2006. Foyt and Tomasello are currently seeking sponsorship to fund the two-car team, although only car would compete on the entire circuit. The second car, to be driven by Foyt, would compete in a limited schedule. Foyt’s preparation in setting up the new team has kept him out of the cockpit for most of this season with the exception of a couple starts in ARCA and competing in the Indianapolis 500 for his father A.J. Foyt. It was in that race that the 28-year-old driver sustained an injury to his back when he spun and hit the wall in turn one. He was released from Methodist Hospital the day after the race and has since made a full recovery. The team will be based in Mooresville, N.C., in the same shop which formerly served A.J. Foyt’s NASCAR Nextel Cup team. Larry Foyt has experience running a Busch team which he did in 2001-2002 when he drove in the NASCAR Busch Series under the auspices of his father A.J. Young Foyt’s best start was fifth which he posted several times in 2001-02 and his best finish was eighth at Talladega Superspeedway in 2002.(Foyt Racing site)(10-20-2005)
                          UPDATE: Larry Foyt, co-owner of Foyt Racing, LLC., has hired Brian DeHart as the team's general manager. "Having Brian join us is quite a compliment to my new team," said Foyt. "He has the knowledge, experience and expertise to drive our team in the right direction. With so many other competitive opportunities presented to Brian, I am more than grateful that he chose to sign with us. In order for the team to meet our immediate goal of running an aggressive Busch Series schedule in 2006, while keeping in focus with our ultimate goal of competing in the NASCAR Nextel Cup Series, Brian will be a key ingredient to our success." For over 13 years DeHart, 37, has played a key role in the NASCAR organization in the areas of competition and safety. After 10 seasons of being a Senior Inspector for the NASCAR Cup Series and midway thru his third year as the NASCAR Busch Series Director, DeHart stepped down to take time to evaluate his future. When the opportunity arose to work with young Foyt to build a brand new team, DeHart accepted the position after serious consideration. He is embracing the challenge with enthusiasm. "I am excited about the opportunity and potential that we have here to build a very competitive team that can win a championship one day," said DeHart. "I am also very thankful for the opportunity that NASCAR and the France Family gave me while I was employed by them. "However, I am ready for the next challenge in my career and I thought long and hard about my return to the sport," he continued. "It'll be a challenge because we're behind the eight ball right now but I believe I made the right decision. We have to lock down a primary sponsor, determine which manufacturer and engine program will fit our team, hire a crew chief and crew members and start building race cars. All of this has to fall in line with Foyt's vision, the team's goals, the sponsors' desires and, of course, the fans' support." With several associate sponsors on board, Foyt Racing is currently pursuing a primary sponsor. DeHart, a native of Christiansburg, Va., is single and resides in Concord, N.C. Foyt Racing is headquartered in Mooresville, N.C.(Foyt Racing PR)(10-21-2005)
                          DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan_Weber
                            Don't expect a Tony Stewart or Jeff Gordon out of IV in NASCAR. IV doesn't have the experience to carry their helmet bags when you compare him to them when they made the move.
                            IV didn't get this Busch ride because of his name.
                            He impressed the heck out of the guys at Evernham.
                            He was the fastest driver they tested, and they went out of their way to get him a ride.
                            "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                            Vice President, Marketing
                            IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Originally posted by nascarnation

Agree. Completely.
                              "If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X