TK "lifiting".......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TK "lifiting".......

OK so TK and Dario are side by side approching the Fontana finsh line......suddenly Dario leaps forward and takes the checkered.......WHY if TK just wanted Dario to win would he try to pass him in the first place? WHY not juist remain stuck to his rear and follow him home? Or for the sake of drama, just go up on the high side and NOT pull alongside.......yeah the in-car sounded like he came off the gas......but as already mentioned, there are a number of thing that could make the same sound.......JMHO......

Great year and the next great year can't get here soon enough.......
    the man in expensive shoes

Originally posted by numrounofan
    ...but as already mentioned, there are a number of thing(sic) that could make the same sound...

Could you list the numerous things that could make the same sound of someone abruptly lifting off the throttle?

Before you say "pit lane speed limiter" keep in mind that wouldn't sound the same.

Some have suggested the engine cutting out was due to TK being out of fuel. He wasn't. He continued around the track.

An sudden engine failure could result in a massive drop in revs. TK's engine didn't fail. He continued around the track.

Switching off the ignition could sound the same but TK didn't switch off the engine. He continued around the track.

A missed shift would have resulted in higher revs.

Electronic gremlins? Amazing timing just feet from the finish line.
    "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Comment

h
        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

If that was Hornish Jr. leading TK down to the stripe, TK sticks his feet through the pedals and wins it Flintsone-style if he has to.

I say it is what many people think it is. And further proof that AGR was just toying with everyone this season, what with their Honda dynamite and budget.

Dario got "the call" if you will. And let's not kid ourselves about that.

This off-season, the IRL, TG, Barnhart and the Boys, will have to take a long, hard look in the mirror and determine if they want the league to go down this path. It would be easy to do with Danica waiting in the wings for a W.

Comment

This issue is not an "h".
            I traveled 350 miles and spent enough money attending this race to expect a race to the finish line for the win.
            I had a letdown as TK let off the trottle right in front of me to give up the win. He slowed so fast I believe he must had a little help from his brakes as well.
            I like the AGR team less all the time. I did at least like Weldon and TK before this incident. I really feel that I was cheated out of a great close finish just because AGR was 1st and second.
            On another note the blocking is becoming a very serious problem. I monitor Barnhart and while he threatens all during the race he vary rarely takes any action. I have been to many IRL races and have never seen Sam run anybody like he did Weldon in the tri-oval. He must have been very frustrated from all the blocking during the race.
            On another note, while I like Jacque L, he was very reckless the entire race. Barnhart warned him several times about squeezing other cars.
            Danica was on the radio for several laps before the incident complaining about JL's driving all over the place. That is why I was watching very closely when she pulled up along the side of him. Anyone that was monitoring her freq could tell there was likely going to be an incident.

Comment

Again, this subject has been beat to death!!

h
              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

Originally posted by TomL
                I traveled 350 miles and spent enough money attending this race to expect a race to the finish line for the win.
                I had a letdown as TK let off the trottle right in front of me to give up the win. He slowed so fast I believe he must had a little help from his brakes as well.
                I like the AGR team less all the time. I did at least like Weldon and TK before this incident. I really feel that I was cheated out of a great close finish just because AGR was 1st and second.
                On another note the blocking is becoming a very serious problem. I monitor Barnhart and while he threatens all during the race he vary rarely takes any action. I have been to many IRL races and have never seen Sam run anybody like he did Weldon in the tri-oval. He must have been very frustrated from all the blocking during the race.
                On another note, while I like Jacque L, he was very reckless the entire race. Barnhart warned him several times about squeezing other cars.
                Danica was on the radio for several laps before the incident complaining about JL's driving all over the place. That is why I was watching very closely when she pulled up along the side of him. Anyone that was monitoring her freq could tell there was likely going to be an incident.
                I monitored and agree with everything you wrote. The only frontrunner showing any class up there was Vitor. Sheckter was running like a pro, too, actually. Tomas has really matured out there.

He and Vitor looked like they could run in any era. Vitor deserves a good seat next year if Rahal lets him go.

The whole AGR thing...getting creepier by the day.
                Last edited by rev-ed; 10-21-2005, 06:08 PM.

Comment

They should have a new rule for next year - if the guy in second isn't going to race the car infront, the guy in second should get the hell out of the way and make room for someone who will.

Dan is my favourite driver, and up until the weekend I had a lot of respect for TK too. But to do what he did was classless for anyone outside of the AGR camp, and it'll be a cold day in hell before I'm cheering on either of Dario or TK again.

Heck, maybe they were putting themselves in the shop window for a future Ferrari F1 drive - they seem to love that kind of crap.

I think it's shameful, and it's about time Barnhart grew a pair and started penalising the big names. It's all very well sending small-time Tomas Enge for a drive through, Brian - how about you start calling in the Penske's and the AGR's for wreckless driving?

Comment

Rice and Hornish also got drive through penalties on Sunday. (Sam was at 63mph on entry).
                    We flipped our finger to the King of England
                    Stole our country from the Indians
                    With god on our side and guns in our hands
                    We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by step33T
                      Rice and Hornish also got drive through penalties on Sunday. (Sam was at 63mph on entry).
                      Nobody dies because a driver enters the pits a couple of mph over 60. Surely if that's worth a penalty then using a car as a weapon at 200mph is worth being parked. That and rigging races like Tony Kanaan did on Sunday. He should have been disqualified from second for backing off like that.

Comment

I was at the race and heard TK on the scanner moments after the finish clearly say, "Sorry guys, that was for the team". After hearing that my enthusiasm for the IRL took a very hard hit. I just hope the officials have the guts to do something about it, but I fear they will not. :mad:

The two guys that were hooked up to the same scanner also heard TK say that. Did anyone else hear this scanner transmission? I have not really heard anyone else talk about it.
                        Life's a reach, and then you jibe.

Comment

Originally posted by TomL
                          Exactly.

500 miles, tickets, hotels, dining, souveniers, food/beer at the track.

If I had known there was some sort of preplanned tribute that involved not racing for the win, I might not have put out the $.

Saturday I'll be at the WoO show in Vegas. I'll expect full balls out efforts from all participants. That's what I'm paying/traveling for.

Comment

I almost put in the effort to go to the race myself. For me it would have been a trans-atlantic flight for a race that was thrown in the final corner.

I have a hard enough time convincing my F1 loving mates why I follow the IRL religiously - I'm glad this sport is under the radar sometimes, because that was as embarrasing as Ferrari rigging races.

Comment

Originally posted by infoxicated
                              He should have been disqualified from second for backing off like that.
                              On what grounds could he have been DQ'd? Is there a rule on the books that says someone can't lift and let their teammate win? IF and IMO its a big IF TK really lifted, as far as I know, he didn't violate any rules. While it may or may not be viewed as a crappy thing to do, if there is no rule against it, I don't see how the IRL can take any action against TK.

Heading for my bunker now. . . INCOMING!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X