Envy me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Envy me!

Talked the wife into a long weekend in Key West March 24th and 25th,then drive up to Homestead on the 26th for the INDY Car race!

I'll work all three days of the HONDA GP of St. Pete starting that same week.

Me and my boys at the 90th INDY 500 in May.................and I may even be able to work in one more race (Kentucky, Kansas or Nashville, but I may not want to press my luck with the misses)....

It's going to be a GREAT 2006!!!!
    the man in expensive shoes

It's always been my policy that if the Mrs. is with me at a race, then that one doesn't count toward my season total. Only races attended with the guys count as a "strike" against me in the "things I'm allowed to do" category. So, since she attends Indy and Kentucky with me those don't count! That leaves me open for Michigan, sometimes Bristol, the Busch and Truck races at Kentucky and maybe a "floater" if I can squeeze it in.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it..... until she tells me I'm not sticking to it.

Kinda like "The Man Song"
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt." John Adams 1826
    Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
    www.fairtax.org

Comment

I'M THE MAN AND I CAN WATCH SPORTS WHENEVER I WANT!!!...... to get in trouble.........
      the man in expensive shoes

Comment

I would only get in trouble if I went to a race without my wife.
        "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

You need not ask to be envied...You are!!!
          Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
          It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyDaComic
            You need not ask to be envied...You are!!!
            "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

The Man's Prayer:

I am a man....
              But I can change...
              If I have to...
              I guess...

Red Green
              BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by numrounofan
                Talked the wife into a long weekend in Key West March 24th and 25th,then drive up to Homestead on the 26th for the INDY Car race!

I'll work all three days of the HONDA GP of St. Pete starting that same week.

Me and my boys at the 90th INDY 500 in May.................and I may even be able to work in one more race (Kentucky, Kansas or Nashville, but I may not want to press my luck with the misses)....

It's going to be a GREAT 2006!!!!
                Sounds great! Press your luck and leave a week early, tell her there's a thing going on in Sebring....

Comment

5 walk block to the east and IM at IMS all of May, for the year FWIW.....
                  The difference between right and wrong are as clear as night and day, but the color of justice is green. bFoOt

https://www.facebook.com/rich.miko?r...2194600&type=3

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan
                    I would only get in trouble if I went to a race without my wife.
                    You stumbled upon quite a gal there, Zen.
                    "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester
                      The Man's Prayer:

I am a man....
                      But I can change...
                      If I have to...
                      I guess...

Red Green
                      Ah yes, the classics! "If anybody see my wife tell her I'm on my way home.."

Comment

Women...Can't live with them...Can't hide the bodies. -- Emo Phillips
                        Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
                        It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

Attended an art show with the Mrs. this past weekend at which my disinterest was more than obvious. Her response............."hey, I used to go to the race (Indy) with you". Luckily, she bore me some chillen that have taken her spot in that stands, and with a lot more enthusiasm. My daughter's first race...the one when Scott Sharp had the pole........her reaction about 50 laps into it "I didn't know there would be so many crashes! This is GREAT!"

Kids.
                          Scouts?

Comment

I went to Homestead after Disney was dropped, and think of it as a great track to watch a race. Don't feel as though TV does it justice. Went to St. Petes this year, and it was a great event, race was good also.................................
                            Anything worth doing is worth doing twice....

Comment

I've been surprised at how much my wife actually likes going to a race. Indy has become a tradition with us and we've gone to one other venue. I may need to make some plans for '06.
                              BRAWNDO - THE THIRST MUTILATOR...IT'S GOT WHAT PLANTS CRAVE!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X